Need a fitness buddy

Options
I'm having trouble getting motivated. I have bought a fitness tracker I've been logging my intake for a month. I just can't get going with exercise and I know if I do my weight will come off.
Help!

Replies

• teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Is there any exercise you like doing? It is summer time, this is the day of the pool. Maybe a fun class with a friend could be good.
  • pretty_janisa
    pretty_janisa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Exercising is a struggle for me too!
  • amycuz14
    amycuz14 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Around here in the summer there are all sorts of outdoor boot camps. Super fun way to exercise with the added bonus of meeting people with similar goals. Do you have anything like that in your area? Sometimes the trick is to join something that you'll feel committed to keep going to :)
  • Romzkas
    Romzkas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Exercise is easy. It's good that's the enemy! Download a whole bunch of new music and walk/run to it. Music is key!!
  • Romzkas
    Romzkas Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Romzkas wrote: »
    Exercise is easy. It's food ** that's the enemy! Download a whole bunch of new music and walk/run to it. Music is key!!

• 1988Spoon
    1988Spoon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi SherryBp33;
    I too am looking for an exercise buddy,.I don't mind becoming your buddy..here's what I am up to, I have a gym trainer to help with motivation and accountability, Yes good music downloads are the key and keeping tabs on what I eat. I am wanting to loose 20 pounds by Dec which happens to be my birthday month.
    my email is crjohnson2471@gmail.com, love to hear from you.
  • sherry_33
    sherry_33 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the comments. I continue to work toward my waking goals with my fit bit.
    I used to walk a lot but yes it's finding good music and just getting out there
    We have programs in the area. Not an excuse but my job has me working long hours then I'm home with evening routine with my kids.
    Crjohnson I have added your contact email to my contacts and will definitely contact you. Add me as a friend on here ?
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Really depends on if you are willing to spend some cash. Signing up for a pool membership would be fun! Or maybe you have a local ymca or gym with fitness classes? Or you can get some 2-5 lbs weights and do various stregth and cardio exercises at home, or take a walk around the neighborhood. Got a dog? Or maybe a neighbors dog that would love to join you on a walk?
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    We're close to the same age (I'm a couple years older)! We may be at different points in our journey, but I love working out. I also love naps! :wink: I'll be your exercise buddy too, just let me know! :smiley:
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    SherryBp33 wrote: »
    Thank you all for the comments. I continue to work toward my waking goals with my fit bit.

You can find friends in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun!