Options
thewritingviolinst1
thewritingviolinst1 Posts: 125 Member
I'd love some fellow LGTB community friends here on MFP! :smiley:

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Check in the groups. There is an active LGBT group there.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Hiii. Me! I am forever single and not a very good example, though.
  • Fitnessinspotogo
    Fitnessinspotogo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What's lgtb
  • nerd32015
    nerd32015 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What's lgtb

Lgtb stands for lesbian gay transsexual bisexual, there are other letter combos that include more sexualities too
  • yorkshiregoal
    yorkshiregoal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    What's lgtb

It's > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender :)

Feel free to add me @thewritingviolinst1 !
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    What's lgtb

tumblr_lj1a6sNbfy1qar70f.gif
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    nerd32015 wrote: »
    What's lgtb

Lgtb stands for lesbian gay transsexual bisexual, there are other letter combos that include more sexualities too

What other 'sexualities' are there..besides the ones mentioned? Just curious. I am old(er) lol (oh and ps..am none of the above).
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    rainbows-dont-mean-im-gay-but-i-am.jpg
  • SoulOfRusalka
    Options
    (it's really late and I've had a lot of coffee ok I am sorry)
  • Carol_
    Options
    (it's really late and I've had a lot of coffee ok I am sorry)

lol
  • yorkshiregoal
    yorkshiregoal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Carol_ wrote: »
    What's lgtb

What other 'sexualities' are there..besides the ones mentioned? Just curious. I am old(er) lol (oh and ps..am none of the above).

There are many ways that people identify... queer or genderqueer would suggest someone who might consider themselves as gender neutral / outside the gender binary... pansexual could refer to someone who experiences attraction to people of all genders... and there are those that might consider themselves asexual for instance. There are also many other terms that attempt to cover the whole of the identity spectrum! :)
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Carol_ wrote: »
    What's lgtb

Sexualities wise there's asexual, pansexual, flexible and queer. Queer is used by people who are not straight but don't want to pigeon hole themselves or don't feel they fit in any other category. There are probably more that I don't know the words for.

There are also discussions as to whether polyamory (I think that's how you spell it ) is a sexual orientation. Part of this argument is around discrimination laws. There are discrimination laws protecting lgbt rights in many countries but these do not normally cover polyamory.

Transgender is not strictly a sexuality- it's a gender identification rather than a sexual preference. Other gender identities include gender fluid and people who identify with no gender. Again, probably more.

The problem is that there are as many sexual preferences and gender expressions as there are people. If you start labelling, some people won't fit in, so they will create a new label. This makes it really hard to keep up!
  • Carol_
    Options
    Thanks for all the answers.:)
  • clacoste0102
    clacoste0102 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So what would it be considered if I'm married but extremely curious about other women?
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    So what would it be considered if I'm married but extremely curious about other women?

Human?
  • clacoste0102
    clacoste0102 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    so do humans just hide that forever?
  • tedioustrainingap
    tedioustrainingap Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Bicurious? Possibly. Honestly, all of the labelling at times made me feel quite alienated from the LGBTQ community, tbh. You are who you are, identify however you choose. No labels required :)
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    so do humans just hide that forever?

As a human, you have freedom of mind and mouth to choose whether or not you keep it hidden.
  • ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options

AWESOME!!
  • derangedstray
    derangedstray Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Transgender and Bi here :)
This discussion has been closed.