First week disappointment :(

Options
CBR500
CBR500 Posts: 67 Member
just finished my first week and not lost anything :( wondering if this really works for everyone :(

Replies

• hollyann50
    hollyann50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    it took me 3 weeks to start showing progress. Hang in there, it will happen!
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    eating less works for everybody if losing weight is your goal ? Give it time, weigh your food, log it and if you exercise, great. If not don't worry. To lose weight all you need to be doing is burning more than you eat
  • JamiesonGayle87
    JamiesonGayle87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep positive I'm having slow progress but I know if I stick to it I will get there
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It really works if you are accurate with calories consumed and calories burned.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Anytime your body is at a calorie deficit you will lose weight. Make sure you are tracking accurately. Until I got a food scale and measuring spoons/cups I was amazed at how much I was overeating. Good Luck on your journey, you can do this! This site is full of motivation.
  • Buhdeuce
    Buhdeuce Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you bite it, write it :-)
    Honestly, all the little nibbles here and there add up. I'm not suggesting you haven't done this, but agree with what has already been said, if you are not measuring accurately or logging everything it soon adds up.
    Sometimes the loss in the second week makes up for the disappointment in the first week :) Hang in there!
  • Buhdeuce
    Buhdeuce Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :) Hang in there!!
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Anytime your body is at a calorie deficit you will lose weight. Make sure you are tracking accurately. Until I got a food scale and measuring spoons/cups I was amazed at how much I was overeating. Good Luck on your journey, you can do this! This site is full of motivation.

Great advice. I tried the eyeball method when I first started. You can trick yourself into going a little over the serving size but only counting the serving size. Measure and weigh works best for me.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    It takes more than a week. You know this.

If you haven't lost any weight in 6 weeks, eat less.
  • morcobmom
    morcobmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is a life time change. Find other things that you can look at. Be sure to measure, too. I am a slave to the scale, but the measurement tracking helps. Keep going.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    CBR500 wrote: »
    just finished my first week and not lost anything :( wondering if this really works for everyone :(

Yes it does. I've lost 42kg but it took me 2 years. Just keep at it.
  • CBR500
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I have measures and weighed everything.. The only day I could not log was yesterday as my phone would not let me do anything.. I sync with my fitbit and wonder if it's because I have been eating the extra calories from activity? Should I just stick to my base calories?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Stick to it for 4-6 weeks and then reevaluate. If you started working out this week, you're probably holding on to more water to repair your muscles, which will mask a loss. You'll never see a loss every single week, and sometimes even a gain. The key is to be consistently accurate and look for a downward trend.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit and when i started i ate back almost all my exercise calories and lost at a good clip. if you are truly weighing and measuring then give it a little time. being a girl, especially, your weight can fluctuate throughout the month. stick with it and re-evaluate in a few weeks!
  • dsneade
    dsneade Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The best thing I did for me was buy a scale and measure everything I cooked, prepared, and consumed. I also had to come to terms with the fact that not eating enough can severely slow down progress.
    Stick with it and you will be rewarded!!!
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Patience, grasshopper. You'll get there. If you're expecting loss after only one week, you'll be disappointed. Keep in mind that you gained this weight over time, and will therefore lose it over time :smile:
  • CBR500
    Options
    I have tried every diet going i think.. This is my last hope of being the person I want to be.. I have about 50lb to lose so will be tough but it's what I want more than anything right now
  • SarahRMerts
    SarahRMerts Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Totally been where you are. Hang in there! Like everyone else is saying, it can take a while before you actually start seeing the scale start to move. (I think it was 2-4 weeks for me.) Keep going!! It can be really disappointing when we don't see the results that we expect. Please know that you aren't alone.
    This does work, but it takes work on your end. Everyone's advice above is great! So I won't add to it. I will say that I believe in you and that you're worth sticking with this. :smile:
  • SimonCypher
    SimonCypher Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It took a few weeks for me to start losing anything, don't get disheartened by this though! Stick with it and you'll start to see it change soon enough! You got this!
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    CBR500 wrote: »
    This is my last hope of being the person I want to be.

No. It's not.