Excercise and Incontinence

Options
Hello

I am a mother of 4 kids so the topic of incontinence is not new to me. And I am sure there must be so many females or males who have incontinence due to maternity or any other reason. Exercises like jumping, skipping, running etc. anything which puts pressure on your pelvic region leads to incontinence.

I wanted to know, how do people like me manage it while exercising things which causes a leak?

Please feel free to give any suggestions or share your stories.

Replies

• kristinmferguson
    kristinmferguson Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Before exercise, put a tampon in! Relieves pressure on the urethra/bladder and helps prevent leaks.
  • mrshazia
    mrshazia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Before exercise, put a tampon in! Relieves pressure on the urethra/bladder and helps prevent leaks.

Oh thankyou !!
  • Mum24Kids
    Mum24Kids Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is a brilliant suggestion. I am also a mother to four children, with a moderate prolapse. I'm quite happy to be a walker, though. I enjoy it immensely.
  • jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'd check with your doctor before using tampons regularly while not on your period.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    jshay295 wrote: »
    I'd check with your doctor before using tampons regularly while not on your period.

Agreed. Using tampons when you are not on your period could potentially lead to infections.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Do pelvic floor exercises daily, too. I have 3 kids. Took several months after the last not to pee when I sneeze. :)
  • Mowzer7
    Mowzer7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just wear a large (overnight) sanitary napkin. Size is not for capacity but to guarantee it will be in place if needed.
  • mrshazia
    Options
    Do pelvic floor exercises daily, too. I have 3 kids. Took several months after the last not to pee when I sneeze. :)

hahaha but you finally did it !!!
    I am also gonna start pelvic floor excercises now
  • mrshazia
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    jshay295 wrote: »

Agreed. Using tampons when you are not on your period could potentially lead to infections.
    Oh myyy really !!!! Maybe the tampon absorbs all the good bacteria and lubricant :neutral:
  • mrshazia
    Options
    Mowzer7 wrote: »
    I just wear a large (overnight) sanitary napkin. Size is not for capacity but to guarantee it will be in place if needed.

Thatz a gud idea. That is what I was thinking of doing.