Weight gain V.S Food Weight Gain!

Charlie003
Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
I see this all the time. "I over ate this week end and now I gained 3 pounds." Individuals who get all panicky over this just do not understand the difference between gaining weight and gaining food weight. Let me try to clear it up.

Weight Gain: Gaining 3 pounds: Lets say your daily quota is 2000 calories. To gain 3 pounds in two days, you would need to consume 16000 calories (I used a 4000 calorie pound just for arguments sake). Unless you are being fed constantly by I.V big macs, that would be quite a feet.

Food weight: The actual weight of the food you eat. Example: If you drink a pound of water, your weight goes up by a pound.

So, before you get all depressed about the scale going up by 3 pounds or more over a weekend because you overate, Remember that the wight is in your intestines and not a permanent feature.

Replies

• Charlie003
    Lol: Feet.......feat.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    ummm I think you mean water weight? Not sure what "food weight" is...

and it all just in my intestines...really?
  • Charlie003
    Used water as an example as people use it more. Could of used steak or potato...really does not matter the cause. I used intestines instead of digestive system because the unused food ends up there, unless you think it goes else where. I could be wrong.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    ummm I think you mean water weight? Not sure what "food weight" is...

and it all just in my intestines...really?

He means the weight of the food in your intestines until the next time you "detox" if you know what I mean.
  • Charlie003
    See...he gets it.
  • rajee_1989
    rajee_1989 Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks for this!! Completely understand what you are saying. Now I can stop panicking every Monday morning :smiley: