No Nutritional Information

Options
What do you do when you want to try an item at a restaurant but you cannot find the nutritional information ANYWHERE? I want to try a veggie breakfast burrito at this place next to my work, but I cannot find nutritional information on their website.

Replies

• angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i break down into what goes in the omlet, this way atleast you get a good guess.
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    guesstimate by adding each ingredient seperately.

ie.:
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup cheese
    1/4 bell peppers
    1, 8 inch flour tortilla
    2 tbs salsa etc....
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I encounter this a lot while on business travel. I either try to break down the ingredients and then estimate how much of what... OR I order something easy to log (example, 2 scrambled eggs instead of omelet with unknown amount of cheese).
  • melindaw1977
    Options
    I think places are required to have that information, but if they don't, ask how they make it (butter, oil, etc). After finding out those things, I would just do my best to estimate. I don't let not knowing the exact values stop me, but that's just how I am with this. I try to make wise decisions where I can with the information I have. Good luck!
  • poppyloganriley
    poppyloganriley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    did you ask the manager/owner? I believe they are required to have that information available to customers upon request.
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Or find a veggie burrito already in the database. If there are multiples, then average out the calories.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Guess what is in it and then create a recipe. They probably use butter and salt so I would put that in as well. Dash of salt and tbls of butter.
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    I've sent emails to 3 different restaurants and a manufacturing company this month asking for nutritional info because none was on their menu / website / product. So far no responses. It does frustrate me.
  • flabfighter31
    flabfighter31 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Best thing to do instead of guessing is emailing them and ask them directly they have got to know what they put in there food after all they make i wouldn't guess as they might have hidden cals

good luck fiona
  • sauntryk
    sauntryk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just try to find a similar item online, it's hard to guess because we don't know what they use to cook their recipes (lard, butter, oil, pam)... so I google search the nutritional information of 3 veggie breakfast burritos and take the average.... can't go wrong if you guess higher, only if you guess lower...

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calories.asp?recipe=759185
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=79776
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/la-favorita/vegetarian-breakfast-burrito/