Hello from Texas!

Options
Just getting signed up here. I've been big since birth, and up/down along the way. Three months ago, I was 430lbs( my biggest). It was getting hard to do normal things, so I made a few eating changes. I'm now down to 370, but it's getting harder. Just looking for some help to stay on track. Accountability is a great motivator...Especially from those trying to achieve the same goal. :)

Replies

• jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Great job on loosing the first 60 pounds!!!

Set for yourself small goals, like loosing another 25 pounds, instead of focusing on your final weight goal. This can help a lot. Before you know it you'll reach your final goal.
  • BIGLeagueQ
    BIGLeagueQ Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great job on loosing the first 60 pounds!!!

Set for yourself small goals, like loosing another 25 pounds, instead of focusing on your final weight goal. This can help a lot. Before you know it you'll reach your final goal.

Thanks for the tip! I literally just signed up, so I'm sure there are things I'll have to change. :)
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hello Texas from Missouri!! (Actually big time Astros fan stuck in Cardinals country)

Fantastic on the 60 pounds so far, that is quite a bit. As far as staying on track, one day at a time and sticking to the accountability. I know that logging what I eat has helped a bunch. Do it at the time you eat, don't wait! Otherwise you will think that you have more available than what you do. Don't forget to count those little things, a dab or this or that, a stick of that or this. It will help in the long run.

If you wanna a friend to tag along with, add me along!
  • sc692374
    sc692374 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to MFP. Well done on losing 60 pounds! You can lose the rest and we'll help you achieve it. :smiley:
  • BIGLeagueQ
    Options
    gdnplnty wrote: »
    Hello Texas from Missouri!! (Actually big time Astros fan stuck in Cardinals country)

:D I'm a Cardinals fan, living near Houston! Too Funny!
  • BIGLeagueQ
    Options
    sc692374 wrote: »
    Hi. Welcome to MFP. Well done on losing 60 pounds! You can lose the rest and we'll help you achieve it. :smiley:

Thank you! :)