Ideas please..

Options
what do people have for breakfast? I am always in a rush in the morning as I have a long journey to work with a child to get to school also so I don't get a chance to cook anything or eat cereal. Is there any ideas on something that's quick and easy that I could possibly take with me??

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Here are a few ideas:

boiled eggs and a kashi bar (you can boil eggs ahead of time and they'll keep in the fridge)

yogurt w/dry oats mixed in

peanut butter sandwich

cottage cheese and toast

Then I would add a fruit or veggie to the above.
  • discretekim
    discretekim Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    All of my breakfast food is at work. Yogurt with frozen raspberries and grape nuts. So good.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies and drink them while I drive to work.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    On Sundays I make up a batch of omelette muffins. I mix spinach, peppers, mushrooms, etc in egg whites then bake them in muffin tins. You can put in whatever veggies you like. Store them in zip lock bags. I eat them cold or warmed in the microwave.
  • adelly320
    adelly320 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    cabwj wrote: »
    On Sundays I make up a batch of omelette muffins. I mix spinach, peppers, mushrooms, etc in egg whites then bake them in muffin tins. You can put in whatever veggies you like. Store them in zip lock bags. I eat them cold or warmed in the microwave.

Wow these sound amazing. So do peanut butter sandwiches
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    cabwj wrote: »

I do this in the winter, add in a piece of toast and extra ham/bacon...breakfast.

Summers I drink fruit smoothies with protein powder.
  • lowriderjim
    lowriderjim Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use Premier Protein Shakes from Costco. 160 cal and 30gm protein. Works for me as grab and go.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I have a peanut butter sandwich and cup of coffee almost daily.
  • ahennings19
    ahennings19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I pack instant oatmeal packets with trader joes omega trek mix (snack packs), a tiny bit of brown sugar. I also make smoothies the night before and drink the next morning at my desk. I'm low carbing/high protein it for weight loss and muscle tone.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I like Greek yogurt and fruit with a little granola on top for crunch. You could pack it the night before and eat it when you get where you're going.
  • adelly320
    adelly320 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the ideas :)
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Mixed fruit smoothie with a scoop of protein powder (225 cal/serving) and a granola bar (100 cal/serving) is my breakfast everyday.