Calories and exercise

Options
How do I change my settings so that exercise isn't added into my total daily calories. I want to keep my daily calories by only including food and not rolling my calories burned from exercise into the total. Thanks!

Replies

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    Base your calorie goal off of TDEE instead of NEAT.

http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Don't log your exercise?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Don't log it or only log it as 1 calorie. But I wouldn't advise not eat back calories if you're only eating 1200. Up your goal to your TDEE minus 20% or so to account for exercise and THEN follow the method of not logging exercise or logging as 1.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    MFP uses the NEAT method...in other words you are suppose to log and eat at least some of your calories back.

Your daily goal is 1000 calories...that's below minimum standards and will only lead to not nice things like hunger, lack of proper nutrition...add exercise calories into that and you are netting 600-800 calories...which is not good...
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You're meant to eat back your exercise calories with the MFP method. So good luck if you don't bother eating those back, because it'll be delightful.

In all seriousness, eat back your exercise calories OP. Otherwise you will experience some undesirable side effects which just aren't good.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    Don't log your exercise?

That's what I do.

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »

This.

I noticed your calorie goal is only 1200. First, switch to the TDEE method. Then log your exercise as 1 calorie burned, or don't log it at all. If you stay at 1200 calories and don't eat any calories you burn while exercising, you're going to burn out in a hurry.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I find if I log all my calories back, I don't lose well. I don't really trust MFP calories anyway. I usually eat back 20-30% of the calories it tells me I burn. That way, I get a little extra treat, but keep losing! And I'm sure that I stuff my face with veggies ;)
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    Don't log your exercise?

This is what I do. Works for me. You can also log your exercise as 1 calorie instead of what MFP spits out.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »

This.

I noticed your calorie goal is only 1200. First, switch to the TDEE method. Then log your exercise as 1 calorie burned, or don't log it at all. If you stay at 1200 calories and don't eat any calories you burn while exercising, you're going to burn out in a hurry.

It's actually 1k as of today.
  • FrancineJM61
    FrancineJM61 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What is NEAT and TDEE? Thank you
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options