Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    What is the motive to eliminate cheese?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Aw I saw another thread like this months back. so sad.

No I eats it everyday.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Why?
    43482326 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have high cholesterol and despite eating healthy and exercising a lot the past 3 months it hasn't gone down. I'm only 20 and I'm just a little overweight. I eat a good amount of cheese and even the reduced fat ones have a good amount of bad fats so yeah.
  • ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eliminated it for just over a year (I was vegan) and it was great! I am lactose intolerant so I tend to get bloated when I eat it anyways, but now, I eat it very rarely and in small amounts when I do. Depending on how much you eat, just cutting back to one small piece a day could help reduce bloating and intestinal inflammation.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I have high cholesterol and despite eating healthy and exercising a lot the past 3 months it hasn't gone down. I'm only 20 and I'm just a little overweight. I eat a good amount of cheese and even the reduced fat ones have a good amount of bad fats so yeah.
    Rather than eliminating it completely, why not try just limiting it (AKA, portion control)?

Have you tried logging your foods and using MFP to not be overweight? My labs all improved when I lost weight.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Don't eliminate it, just eat a sensible amount of it. Weigh out a serving of it. Eat that.
  • an620
    an620 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not totally eliminated but severely reduced. No particular reason other than I tend to eat cheese on things like sandwiches and tacos and when I add the extra calories it increases the calorie count.
    43482326 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Rather than eliminating it completely, why not try just limiting it (AKA, portion control)?

Have you tried logging your foods and using MFP to not be overweight? My labs all improved when I lost weight.

I have and lost 18 pounds and I'm going to keep logging. The reason I want to limit it completely is because I wanna lower my chorestorl as soon as possible. I have to start meds and don't want to take them for too long since I'm so young
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »

I have and lost 18 pounds and I'm going to keep logging. The reason I want to limit it completely is because I wanna lower my chorestorl as soon as possible. I have to start meds and don't want to take them for too long since I'm so young

i *doubt* one food is to blame for your high cholesterol. I would work on losing weight and meeting your macros and i bet it goes down without having to totally eliminate anything.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    I reduced cheese because of the high fat content and because I can't stand reduced fat hard cheese. (Non fat cottage cheese tastes fine to me.)
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    It is very calorie dense if eaten alone

It does being lots of flavor to the dance in cooking

I like cheese.

Low fat cheese tastes like rubber with food coloring to me. So it is regular cheese just within my calorie limits
  • ImitatetheSun
    ImitatetheSun Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Anyone else do this? How do you feel? I love cheese Idk how i'ma do it

Good luck! I love cheese so much I don't think I could do it even if I was sentenced to it by a judge! That being said, I did just sort f unconsciously cut back solely to Parmesan cheese since I started MFP. It has a lot of salt, but it makes me happy when I sprinkle it on eggs and in homemade soups. :). I use Grana Padano, which has amazing flavor and packs about 5-10 g of protein per ounce.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Elminating cheese to me would be like ending life or at least all the good parts. Can't help you sorry!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    There are so many kinds of cheese - how can you eliminate all cheese? Parmesan. Mozzarella. Cheddar. Gorgonzola. Brie. Colby. Asiago. Swiss. Gruyere. Feda. Bleu.

Need I say more?
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    There are so many kinds of cheese - how can you eliminate all cheese? Parmesan. Mozzarella. Cheddar. Gorgonzola. Brie. Colby. Asiago. Swiss. Gruyere. Feda. Bleu.

Need I say more?

Oh, I love all the cheese you just listed. Real cheese, not this processed stuff.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Cheese is like dessert for me. Yum. I have to really limit how much I have while losing weight because of the calories, but I had some last weekend for a treat. Life would not be worth living if I could not eat cheese once in a while.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If I was on Death Row, my last meal request would be an assorted cheese platter, artisan bread and fruit.