Am I eating too much bread?

Options
Hello everyone, I have been trying to eat better for the last two weeks and have been doing great! I am a full time student and mother of a 19 month old. I wake up at 5:30 am and do T25, i don't have time for breakfast though. So I will make a shake with some protein powder and eat a slice of 15 grain toast with peanut butter, I will take a snack to school and come home and have a sandwich on the same bread for lunch with smoked turkey and spinach plus other veggies. My question is, am I eating too much bread if my main focus is weight loss? I am 194lbs thanks for your imput

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    As long as your calories are under your target, you are not eating too much bread (or anything else).
  • birdyyql
    birdyyql Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check your macros/ nutrition chart and see if you are in line with your daily values for carbs. If you are then the bread amount dhod be fine, but if it's over, cut back on the bread.
    I try to only eat carbs at one meal a day, I find that helps keep the carbs lower but I still get to eat my bread!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Eat exactly what you want. Just stay in a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're within your calories and you don't have a medical reason to avoid bread, then it's fine
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    What they said focus on your deficit and keeping within your allowance. Personally I find bread is nice but not that filling.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Only you can tell us that. Did you weigh it? Does it fit into your calories?
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    karenflrz wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I have been trying to eat better for the last two weeks and have been doing great! I am a full time student and mother of a 19 month old. I wake up at 5:30 am and do T25, i don't have time for breakfast though. So I will make a shake with some protein powder and eat a slice of 15 grain toast with peanut butter, I will take a snack to school and come home and have a sandwich on the same bread for lunch with smoked turkey and spinach plus other veggies. My question is, am I eating too much bread if my main focus is weight loss? I am 194lbs thanks for your imput

If your main focus is weight loss, you can have all the bread you want. If you're concerned about getting adequate protein, if you are frequently over your calories, if you don't feel satiated within your calories, then you may be eating too much bread.

I eat anywhere from 0-4 slices a day and I don't see anything wrong with how you're eating.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    NO. If it fits into your allotment, you could eat only bread and still lose....still, twinkles would be better :smiley:
  • karenflrz
    karenflrz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, I normally stay within my calories. Thanks for your replies
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Just to reasssure you, bread is my main source of carbs and I rarely have fewer than 3-4 slices a day, and my bread is homemade and higher calories than the supermarket stuff. I stay within my calories and still lose.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    As long as you aren't sensitive to carbs, it should be fine. I agree that you should always weigh it--bread is one of those things where what the label says a slice should be and what a slice actually is can be quite different.

If you get stuck or stalled, reducing carbs is something that you could experiment with if you wanted to, but it doesn't sound like you are at that point yet.

Good luck!