back and arm fat

Options
How does one get rid of these problem areas. I would like to hear success stories targeting those specific area

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Sorry but you can spot reduce fat. You'll need to work on overall fat loss by eating fewer calories than you burn. In the meantime, add strength training via bodyweight or free weight exercises.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Sorry but you can spot reduce fat. You'll need to work on overall fat loss by eating fewer calories than you burn. In the meantime, add strength training via bodyweight or free weight exercises.

That's it, my friend.

I never had too much "back fat" but I've lost inches in my arms. I ate at a deficit, lost fat, and strength trained to maintain muscle.
  • Spinchi1
    Spinchi1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So when counting calories if I burn 500 calories a day would I eat about the same amount of calories I burn or eat a bit more.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Spinchi1 wrote: »
    So when counting calories if I burn 500 calories a day would I eat about the same amount of calories I burn or eat a bit more.

Eat the amount of calories MFP gives you. If you exercise, or burn more calories, try eating 50% of them back.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Sorry but you can't spot reduce fat. You'll need to work on overall fat loss by eating fewer calories than you burn. In the meantime, add strength training via bodyweight or free weight exercises.

Shoot I just realized there's a typo that completely changes my intended meaning. I fixed it here but can't seem to edit my original post.

• arditarose
    Options
    Sorry but you can't spot reduce fat. You'll need to work on overall fat loss by eating fewer calories than you burn. In the meantime, add strength training via bodyweight or free weight exercises.

Shoot I just realized there's a typo that completely changes my intended meaning. I fixed it here but can't seem to edit my original post.

Oh yeah. My mind just saw what I wanted. I didn't even notice.
  • cornfedjo
    cornfedjo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I rarely if ever eat back my daily exercise calories. For arm fat I got some 4lb weights from Walmart that have straps on them and while I'm watching TV and sitting I work my arms for 10 minutes or so. Took off 1/2" of that flab already!
  • arditarose
    Options
    cornfedjo wrote: »
    I rarely if ever eat back my daily exercise calories. For arm fat I got some 4lb weights from Walmart that have straps on them and while I'm watching TV and sitting I work my arms for 10 minutes or so. Took off 1/2" of that flab already!

The 1/2 lb from you arm came from general fat loss by eating at a deficit. That's awesome! But also what we are trying to tell the OP.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    What Ardita said. You ahve 2 challenges, removing fat, which you just have to accept will come off anywhere and using the underlying muscle to retain lbm. You can work on your arms for the latter, but it wont visibly show through until you lose weight.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Definitely what everyone is saying here. Reduce overall body fat with calorie deficit. Work on body recomposition with weight lifting. Heavy weight lifting is a good way to work specific muscle groups to get good definition. Be aware that you are going to only see results for fat loss with calorie deficit, so stick to that above all else.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    You have to lose all over. calorie deficit of 500 is good and lift, girl, lift!!!!
  • Spinchi1
    Spinchi1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cornfedjo wrote: »

OK I'll try that. What is the weight with straps? Is it like the ankle wraps?