What is the Egg diet? Has anyone heard of it?

Replies

• sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    so_delicious_540.jpg

LOL LOL LOL! OMG I never thought of that. I'm never going to be able to make chicken parmesan or any other egg wash breaded chicken again!

They even wrote a song about it: Mother and Child Reunion
  • tingtongabc123
    tingtongabc123 Posts: 17 Member
    Well here is my update, I lost 10 kg and my hubby lost 12.5! I am one week off the diet feel great and in the past week off the diet I lost one additional kg. So all up in 5 weeks I lost 11 kg and don't plan to stop and for sure not going to my old life style.

So stop being ignorant or rude if that's not your way to loose weight, then its not. Bot it doesn't mean other people can't have success with it.
    I'll update you in a couple of month again so you know for sure that you were wrong.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    Well here is my update, I lost 10 kg and my hubby lost 12.5! I am one week off the diet feel great and in the past week off the diet I lost one additional kg. So all up in 5 weeks I lost 11 kg and don't plan to stop and for sure not going to my old life style.

So stop being ignorant or rude if that's not your way to loose weight, then its not. Bot it doesn't mean other people can't have success with it.
    I'll update you in a couple of month again so you know for sure that you were wrong.

Congratulations. You could have done the same thing just maintaining a deficit and ignoring the silly rules, but I'm sure riding an imaginary high horse burns extra calories, so bully for you.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member

Can't wait! Here's a gif for you to use next month when you tell us how wrong we are.

Bartlet-Wrongness.gif
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member

Good for you ...please come back every month so that we can remain wrong 6 months from now

4.8lbs loss per week ....laughs
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Actually I had to come back to this because whilst I know you're trying to prove your point the weight loss you have posted (let's assume this is true) from what is actually an extremely restrictive, unhealthy VLCD diet is extremely concerning

If true, you are saying that your husband lost 5.5lbs a week over 5 weeks and you lost 4.8lbs a week over 5 weeks .. these are worrying stats

You risk decimating your LBM at a much faster rate than you need to which is really really bad because muscle is very important for health, appearance, maintenance calories etc

not to mention
    skin, hair, nail issues
    fatigue
    long-term risk of osteoperosis
    liver, kidney conditions, increased risk of gallstones (like over 70% chance for the morbidly obese losing more than 3.3lbs a week)

It really boils down to VLCD = bad and please seek medical advice from your primary care physician

• buffalobill41
    buffalobill41 Posts: 72 Member
    it's not so much to me that it sounds like it won't work it just seems weird. i think it's more just cutting out unhealthy foods (especially the only drinking water part) that's leading to the weight loss and not some magic chemical reaction. you can eat a ton of food and still lose weight if it's healthy low calorie items. 2 lbs of broccoli has less calories than a 4 oz wackarnolds sandwich.
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    I am doing it with my husband atm. I love it! I do crave a lot of things that are absolutely prohibited but i never ever feel hungry! Although there is some limitations on the amounts some days, most of the days you can eat as much as you want it just tells you what you should eat. It's rich on protein and has a lot of vegetables and fruits in it.
    My friend lost 22kg on it (he started at 86kg and went down to 64) and did not get it back. You just have to eat healthy, drink a lot of water and keep exercising after the diet. You can do 2weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks or 8 weeks but then you need to give your body a rest for at least half of a year before you can repeat it. I think this diet suits more people that want to loose a lot rather than a couple of kilo's.

PS: We just started and after the 4th day I lost 2kg, sure most of it is water in the first week but my body fat is down from 48% to 46.9% which is a great result to me already.

So what you are saying, is if you eat healthily, drink a lot of water and exercise, then you will lose weight on this "diet"? ;)

• MonsoonStorm
    Only 2 eggs a day? That's no egg diet! What kind of shonky naming convention has been used here. It may as well be the grapefruit diet, or the "eat as much meat as you want for dinner" diet.

Indeed... I eat 3 whole eggs + extra egg whites every morning. Would appear that my diet is significantly more "eggy"
  • MonsoonStorm
    edited June 2015
    PS: We just started and after the 4th day I lost 2kg, sure most of it is water in the first week but my body fat is down from 48% to 46.9% which is a great result to me already.

Just want to point something else out - those % body fat scales are affected by hydration levels (amongst many, many other things that make them notoriously inaccurate)
  • MonsoonStorm
    I believe it's called the Commando diet.

I have friends that often do it. Funnily enough... They all stay pretty fat afterwards. Unlike me. On my normal healthy way of losing weight.

:lol:

I think we should experiment

4 weeks of commando diet followed by four weeks of standard CICO

For science.....

But I just got groceries so it has to wait until i eat them all.....we need a start date??

sure... as long as someone else is paying for the amount of meat I will go through each evening.

I prefer lamb tenderloin

thanks in advance!
  • MonsoonStorm
    edited June 2015

• Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    I'd rather follow the "eat what you like in moderation in a deficit, to lose weight" diet.. Been 2-3 months +/- and I've lost 3-4kg