New here..kinda :p

Options
Well, my name is Avispa, I have been on myfitnesspal for a while but never really got to introduce myself, which I think it's about time to do so.
I used to be very overweight in my late teenager years 240lbs with only 5'5". Now, 10 years later my weight is between 136lbs and 140lbs and I"m heading for my final goal to get under 130lbs, it's always that little stretch that seems to be the hardest.
It was a roller coaster journey but I'm very proud of what I have accomplished. I'm currently going for my personal trainer certificate and hope I succeed in that field and can help others. I love to work out and eat clean but of course have those cheat days were I'm like...NOOOOOOO! then I just get over it and try to make better choices.
I like fitnesspal, because it truly gave me a summary on what I all ate during a day, plus calories and sugar and so on. It has helped me to be more aware of what I snack or have for breakfast, lunch or dinner even when eating clean.
I would love to hear from other users, if myfitnesspal has changed your eating habits or gave you a better awareness of what you were eating when just starting fitnesspal until now.

Thanks again for reading my story.
Have a great day :flowerforyou:

Replies

• sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Before I started my diet, and tracking my calories on MFP, I was eating pasta, breads, pizza and junk food. Now, I am eating soy products and eggs to replace the meat I do not eat, vegetables and fruits as well as taking vitamins and trying to stay healthy.I am also staying away from added sugars and starches. I have lost 10 lbs in 12 days (on HCG diet) and I never realized how disgusting the foods I was eating were making me look, not to mention FEEL! I have been on a diet for less than 2 weeks and feel much more energy than I have felt in the last couple of YEARS.

It is hard to believe what a simple change can do, and I am surprised every day at how easy the weight comes off when you choose the right foods.

Congratulations on your previous loss and good luck in the future! If you need or want anymore friends, feel free to add me! :)
  • dublindoors
    dublindoors Posts: 13
    Options
    Good job on your successes so far!
    Changes are good to make but so very difficult for most of us to stick to. I am on that road myself.
    I too am new to the site and really enjoying the benefits of seeing what my body is doing and how I can maintain my weight loss.
    You can add me as a friend if you like.
    Have a great day!