Does it matter if you add food earlier in the day, does it thow off my exercise calories?

tomofnj
tomofnj Posts: 88 Member
You know, like if you know you're going to have a such and such, and you know the cals already so you put it in earlier in the day to plan for it. I know I read somewhere that the exercise cals are calculated and adjusted all day based on how you exercise or eat..

Thx

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Nope. The calorie calc is based on your weight, sex, and possibly age and height (not completely sure last 2.) Go ahead and prelog your heart out :)
  • tomofnj
    lol, thx
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Nope I pre-log my day every morning.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    MFP exercise calorie calculations aren't accurate anyway. You're better off getting a good heart rate monitor with a chest strap to get the best calorie count.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    It's true. It doesn't matter. I mean, if you go to sleep with a full stomach you may have a belly ache later but that's it.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    whoops, I didn't read correctly. sorry, carry on...
  • tomofnj
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    MFP exercise calorie calculations aren't accurate anyway. You're better off getting a good heart rate monitor with a chest strap to get the best calorie count.

I agree, most of the calculations are off imho. I've logged a few activities just to see how it looks, but meh.. so now I just let fitbit put my steps and the rest is gravy.

I just wanted to be sure if I add cals earlier in the day for what I know I'm going to have later, that it didn't think I ate them sooner and burned them sooner or some crazy calculation like that .

• oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2015
    At the beginning of each day, mine are calculated on me not exercising. So I eat 1600 cals a day and my carbs are 225 and calcium is 100 grams etc... but when I exercise, everything goes up. My carbs go up to 300, calcium 150, and so forth but it shouldn't change until you enter your workouts. If I understood exactly that's what you meant. I usually don't enter until after I've eaten in case I forget later or don't eat what I've entered in case something changes.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    tomofnj wrote: »
    mccindy72 wrote: »

I agree, most of the calculations are off imho. I've logged a few activities just to see how it looks, but meh.. so now I just let fitbit put my steps and the rest is gravy.

I just wanted to be sure if I add cals earlier in the day for what I know I'm going to have later, that it didn't think I ate them sooner and burned them sooner or some crazy calculation like that .

While your fitbit adjustment can increase and decrease throughout the day, what and when you log food has absolutely no effect on that calculation.