Any geeks out there?

Options
Seeking geeky friends! We're talking comic book lovers, anime watchers, steampunk enthusiasts, you name it. I'm trying to find friends on here that I can relate to with other stuff alongside with weight lose.
Just trying to keep things interesting. Feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am what you would call a geek, here a random ranked list of some of my interests!

-Video Games (Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Diablo, old RPGs)
    -Comics (if it says "Marvel" on the cover i have probably read it)
    -TV Shows (Arrow, Flash, Agents of SHIELD, Doctor Whom Firefly, Buffy and so on)

also of course Star Trek, Star Wars and many more^^
    Feel free to message or add me
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    GLORIOUS!

-Video Games (Just started playing Diablo!, Borderlands, Minecraft, and currently Kholat)
    -Anime (Sword Art Online, Deadman Wonderland, Parasyte, this list goes on and on lol)
    -TV Shows (Doctor Who, Torchwood, Arrow, Firefly, Buffy *I've met James Marsters and my bestie called him a dirty squirrel* LOL :smiley:
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There's another gamer/anime thread knocking about on here... There may be a group, but I haven't seen any as yet.
    I like anime. Watching Gintama, atm. Loved Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, FMA... Used to watch Doctor Who, but didn't really like Peter Capaldi as the Doctor (sorry current fans!) so haven't seen it in a long while. Play Minecraft with my sons and am a Zelda fan. Happy to be added! x
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Clo747 wrote: »
    There's another gamer/anime thread knocking about on here... There may be a group, but I haven't seen any as yet.
    I like anime. Watching Gintama, atm. Loved Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, FMA... Used to watch Doctor Who, but didn't really like Peter Capaldi as the Doctor (sorry current fans!) so haven't seen it in a long while. Play Minecraft with my sons and am a Zelda fan. Happy to be added! x

Eh, there must be more of us out there. Although Peter Capaldi is great, don't get me wrong, he failed to capture me like the other Doctors did so I feel you on that one. I love Minecraft mostly just because I love sandboxes. I keep restarting The Forest mostly just to keep creating my camp and it's always on vegan mode of course. lol (The Forest is basically a hyper realistic version of Minecraft except instead of zombies it's mutant cannibals and they can pretty much get you at any time. Probably wouldn't recommend for youngsters.)
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    LadyAhiru wrote: »
    Hi there!

I am what you would call a geek, here a random ranked list of some of my interests!

-TV Shows (Arrow, Flash, Agents of SHIELD, Doctor Whom Firefly, Buffy and so on)

I imagine 'Doctor Whom' being really posh, like if Stephen Fry played The Doctor....

Massive geek here too. Like pretty much all of the above. Not a big anime fan though.
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've seen this before...
  • GeekdGirl
    Options
    Where are the cosplayers? The computer geeks? The fans of the Oxford comma?! C'mon!! :D
  • kellyship17
    kellyship17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm a computer geek here, getting my undergraduate degrees in Computer Science and Math, and plan to get my doctorate in CS. :smile:
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm not cute enough to cosplay! My little boy loves dressing up like Link, though. I'm still trying to talk him down from blue contact lenses and peroxide...!
  • rgm13774
    rgm13774 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey. I love comics and anime. Feel free to add me too.
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    LadyAhiru wrote: »
    Hi there!

I imagine 'Doctor Whom' being really posh, like if Stephen Fry played The Doctor....

Massive geek here too. Like pretty much all of the above. Not a big anime fan though.

So i made the best typo ever^^

And my Anime time was back in the 90s (Sailor Moon, everything from CLAMP, Dragon Ball etc)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Before kids I was a big anime, comic book, steampunk geek. Now I don't have time for any of it. @ladyahiru I didn't like the CLAMP stuff after Magic Knight Rayearth. The ending was messed up. I would say my favorite animes were probably Beck, FLCL, S-cryed, Brain Powered (although I hated the voices in the japanese version and the English dub), and I loved every Gundam series.

The only "steampunk" type stuff I've read lately was the Lindsey Buroker (not sure if that is how you spell it) books.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    there are two geek groups on MFP if you want to look into those
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    GeekdGirl wrote: »
    Where are the cosplayers? The computer geeks? The fans of the Oxford comma?! C'mon!! :D
    oxford-comma2.jpg

• GeekdGirl
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    oxford-comma2.jpg

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!! <3<3<3
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    [img][/img]

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!! <3<3<3

Welcome. Unfortunately it does lead towards snickering when the Oxford Commas are mentioned for a while afterwards.
  • heavyduty1981
    heavyduty1981 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Love the fact that I'm not the only geek here!
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    GAME OF THRONES!
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Big geek: mostly Doctor Who (c'mon... Capaldi's awesome!! He's the perfect embodiment of old Who and new Who) and Walking Dead. I'm also the advisor for the Doctor Who Club at the school I teach at.

The only comic books I read are TWD; no anime.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi! I'm what most would consider to be a geek. I like to think of myself as a well rounded geek.

I'm a computer science student with interests in cryptography, security and privacy. Also taking a second degree at the same time in business. My minors are in math and French.

I love Doctor Who, Star Wars, Firefly, Star Trek, Sailor Moon, Astro Boy.

Also a music geek. Play flute, guitar, piccoli and piano. I also sing and write.

I've done a lot of video editing and making back in my day, however my YouTube presence really dropped after I started focusing more on the gym and stuff.

My approach to weight loss is anchored by the available scientific studies in weight loss and obesity and addictions.

Neil Degrasse Tyson, Bill Nye The Science Guy and Yoni Freedhoff and my homeboys.