xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I hope I count as a geek;
    -obsessed with Star Wars
    -read all of the Tolkien books
    -hours of minecraft (maybe days...)
    -Doctor Who binge watcher
    -still waiting for Sherlock

Sweetheart who isn't waiting for Sherlock. LOL Seriously though, I NEED more in my life like yesterday.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Hmmm,

Fantasy: Tolkien all day, every day. Potter, GoT
    SciFi: BSG, Star Trek (original, Next Generation, DS9), Star Wars
    Video games: God of War, Dragon Age, classic NES, Pokemon (I said it)
    Anime: Not as much as in the past, Miyazaki, random Netflix things, Cowboy Bebop and other Adult Swim stuff

And the SO has gotten me into Supernatural.

LOL My man is hardcore Pokemon fan and my besties fav is Cowboy Bebop. She could rewatch it over and over and never get bored. We're also going to a Supernatural convention in October! ^_^
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    grlygrl123 wrote: »
    I am a geek, too. Host D&D weekly, love RPGs, played too much WoW. I am also an IT manager by day :P Feel free to add me up, fellow nerds!

First mention of D&D that I can see. Natural 20 on geek cred check.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    PC and Xbox gamer here! Also love Marvel and fantasy. Hooked on a billion TV shows, too. Please everyone here, feel free to add me!
    Currently playing A LOT of Diablo III on console... It's why I gym so late at night, because I CAN'T STOP PLAYING in my free time.. ha

Priorities, dude. You got them on lock! LOL I used to do the same thing. Fun first, gym later. ... Much later. lol
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    I am a geek, too. Host D&D weekly, love RPGs, played too much WoW. I am also an IT manager by day :P Feel free to add me up, fellow nerds!

Will say this, I have been DYING to learn to play but literally non of my friends are even remotely interested. :cry:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Geek here. I mainly stick to small birds, but I'll bite the head off anything for the right price ...
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Will say this, I have been DYING to learn to play but literally non of my friends are even remotely interested. :cry:

3uj8ol.jpg
  • GemeliaFP
    GemeliaFP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am also a Gamer and love TV shows :)
  • roromiya
    roromiya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I collect ball jointed dolls, I like anime (evangelion, princess tutu, paradise kiss are my favorites ^^)
    I like the marvel and DC stuff sometimes, I mean who doesn't like batman I guess.
  • courtney3988
    courtney3988 Posts: 999 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I am geek I am a huge Harry Potter fan love every thing about it. I Love to read anything I can get my hands on but my favorite have werewolfs I love the Marvel movies started reading the comics. My favorite Dc is Batman. I would love to go to the Mega Con they have and dress up for it. I from time to time watch Star Trek. The only video games I have are sports ones and Guitar hero not sure if those count.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    I am geek I am a huge Harry Potter fan love every thing about it. I Love to read anything I can get my hands on but my favorite have werewolfs I love the Marvel movies started reading the comics. My favorite Dc is Batman. I would love to go to the Mega Con they have and dress up for it. I from time to time watch Star Trek. The only video games I have are sports ones and Guitar hero not sure if those count.

Oh yea! I forgot to mention that I'm a complete book worm! ^_^ Each Harry Potter book I burned through in a single day whenever I got one in my hands. It got to the point where I had memorized all the spells. x_x
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options

3uj8ol.jpg

WAH!!! lol
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    Geek here. I mainly stick to small birds, but I'll bite the head off anything for the right price ...

I see what you did there. Shiny. B)
    GeekdGirl wrote: »
    Where are the cosplayers? The computer geeks? The fans of the Oxford comma?! C'mon!! :D

Life without the Oxford Comma is just wronger than a wrong thing. :wink:

Not a cosplayer, although I would be if I ever stayed in one place long enough to a) make an Ezio outfit, and b) be somewhere where they had cons. I did Living History for 20 years or so, and LRP/interactive literature for about 10.

As for computer geeks - got my first way back in the early '80s, built several desktops in the late '90s/early '00s, and am a big fan of Linux (even though I'm currently using Windoze). I own 50% of a digital production agency, and when not building websites and writing content, I test - read; try to break - whatever my coders put together. I've just completed 105 hours of testing a particularly troublesome program - glad to get it out of the way. :smile:

In other news...

Capaldi is brilliant as The Doctor but Smith is my favourite - and I say this as someone who has been a fan since Troughton. (Matt Smith used to live around the corner to me at one time - we used to get on the same train back from London.)

I imagine 'Doctor Whom' being really posh, like if Stephen Fry played The Doctor....

I had pretty much the same thought :smiley:
    Malcolm was GREAT!!! Really enjoyed his character there. Another Capaldi character to check out is him in "The Hour"; fantastic show that was only given one season, I think?

Two actually - but only the second had PC. The Hour was brilliant, IMO, and I'm still sad that we won't get a third series. Malcolm Tucker is my hero! And I love that PC brings elements of MT into Who.

I've been a gamer since the '70s - back when no other girls that I knew played games, and I (mostly) never got beaten by any boys. I worked in the games industry for just over a decade. Many of my chums still do.

I was raised on the Apollo space program, Star Trek, Who, all those amazing Irwin Allen and Rod Serling shows in the '60s, Marvel, DC, Poe, Lovecraft, Verne, Wells, Hammer films, and a gazillion other things which essentially meant I would never not be able to be geeky. And I've never, ever, ever been ridiculed for it, nor felt a need to pretend to be something or someone I'm not. No one ever said to me, "Girls don't..."

I guess you might say I'm a bit of a travel geek too; to date, I've lived in 47 different places around the world in a little under 52 years - been on the move since I was a small child. I tend to move to a different country every 4-6 months, although sometimes I might stay a little longer if I'm in love with a place.

I'm not fond of LotR or anime - I've tried but no, neither are my thing. I guess I have to draw a line somewhere. And FTR, I loathe Penny Dreadful!

Fortunately, my partner is also a massive geek, and as well as making videogames for 20+ years, is one of the authors of Ars Magica and Vampire: The Dark Ages, and has also written many, many TTRPG books (AD&D, Runequest, Robotech, Call of Cthulhu, and more). We're a very good match!
    Oh yea! I forgot to mention that I'm a complete book worm! ^_^ Each Harry Potter book I burned through in a single day whenever I got one in my hands. It got to the point where I had memorized all the spells. x_x

Me too... after queuing up at midnight at the bookstores.

Happy to have more geeky friends, especially ones who get all the references and quotes I make... which seem to happen of their own volition. :wink:
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure most of my friends tag themselves as geeks with a strong sense of pride.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    TheGoktor wrote: »
    sullus wrote: »

I see what you did there. Shiny. B)
    GeekdGirl wrote: »
    Where are the cosplayers? The computer geeks? The fans of the Oxford comma?! C'mon!! :D

Life without the Oxford Comma is just wronger than a wrong thing. :wink:

Not a cosplayer, although I would be if I ever stayed in one place long enough to a) make an Ezio outfit, and b) be somewhere where they had cons. I did Living History for 20 years or so, and LRP/interactive literature for about 10.

As for computer geeks - got my first way back in the early '80s, built several desktops in the late '90s/early '00s, and am a big fan of Linux (even though I'm currently using Windoze). I own 50% of a digital production agency, and when not building websites and writing content, I test - read; try to break - whatever my coders put together. I've just completed 105 hours of testing a particularly troublesome program - glad to get it out of the way. :smile:

In other news...

Capaldi is brilliant as The Doctor but Smith is my favourite - and I say this as someone who has been a fan since Troughton. (Matt Smith used to live around the corner to me at one time - we used to get on the same train back from London.)

I imagine 'Doctor Whom' being really posh, like if Stephen Fry played The Doctor....

I had pretty much the same thought :smiley:
    Malcolm was GREAT!!! Really enjoyed his character there. Another Capaldi character to check out is him in "The Hour"; fantastic show that was only given one season, I think?

Two actually - but only the second had PC. The Hour was brilliant, IMO, and I'm still sad that we won't get a third series. Malcolm Tucker is my hero! And I love that PC brings elements of MT into Who.

I've been a gamer since the '70s - back when no other girls that I knew played games, and I (mostly) never got beaten by any boys. I worked in the games industry for just over a decade. Many of my chums still do.

I was raised on the Apollo space program, Star Trek, Who, all those amazing Irwin Allen and Rod Serling shows in the '60s, Marvel, DC, Poe, Lovecraft, Verne, Wells, Hammer films, and a gazillion other things which essentially meant I would never not be able to be geeky. And I've never, ever, ever been ridiculed for it, nor felt a need to pretend to be something or someone I'm not. No one ever said to me, "Girls don't..."

I guess you might say I'm a bit of a travel geek too; to date, I've lived in 47 different places around the world in a little under 52 years - been on the move since I was a small child. I tend to move to a different country every 4-6 months, although sometimes I might stay a little longer if I'm in love with a place.

I'm not fond of LotR or anime - I've tried but no, neither are my thing. I guess I have to draw a line somewhere. And FTR, I loathe Penny Dreadful!

Fortunately, my partner is also a massive geek, and as well as making videogames for 20+ years, is one of the authors of Ars Magica and Vampire: The Dark Ages, and has also written many, many TTRPG books (AD&D, Runequest, Robotech, Call of Cthulhu, and more). We're a very good match!

Me too... after queuing up at midnight at the bookstores.

Happy to have more geeky friends, especially ones who get all the references and quotes I make... which seem to happen of their own volition. :wink:

(O_O) ..... I bow before you good sir. That's outstanding!
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You called?

I was raised on a steady diet of Star Trek, which is still a big love of mine. I'm also a big geek for shows like Hannibal, Sleepy Hollow, Stargate SG1 and Atlantis, Firefly... I'm very interested in Egyptology too, a definite ancient history geek. Getting into Marvel now that my kid is interested, but I'm new to that.

I'm a *huge* Elder Scrolls fan and have been playing the games for 10+ years. I mostly play single player fantasy RPGs.

Not so much into anime as I used to be, it's just an interest that has had to fall aside. I still read mangas and manwas a lot though.
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    Some cool stuff I said in another post

I really hope that's 'Sir' in the vein of Kathryn Janeway, and not, say, a case of mistaken gender identity! :D
    **sporfle!**

• TheGoktor
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Pretty sure most of my friends tag themselves as geeks with a strong sense of pride.

Quite right too. :)

I must admit that this whole notion of geekiness being a stick to beat someone with is completely new to me. I have no idea whether it's a generational thing or a cultural one but where I'm from, denigrating someone for their fandom(s) was never a thing.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Some cool stuff I said in another post

I really hope that's 'Sir' in the vein of Kathryn Janeway, and not, say, a case of mistaken gender identity! :D
    **sporfle!**

LMAO!!! Nope, I'm just a dweeb. So sorry about that love. <3