Options

Replies

• TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    TheGoktor wrote: »
    TheGoktor wrote: »
    Some cool stuff I said in another post

(O_O) ..... I bow before you good sir. That's outstanding!

I really hope that's 'Sir' in the vein of Kathryn Janeway, and not, say, a case of mistaken gender identity! :D
    **sporfle!**

LMAO!!! Nope, I'm just a dweeb. So sorry about that love. <3

Hahahahahaaa... no problem - I was just toying with you! Dweebs are good mmmkayyyy! :wink:

• xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Heeeeeeeyyyyy :wink:
  • wochlikgm
    wochlikgm Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm a geek too, with OCD. I draw fictional maps for a hobby, work as a computer programmer during the day.
  • battlestarlet
    battlestarlet Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Fellow geek here! I'm totally new here. Feel free to friend.

I grew up on Star Trek TNG. And, so, I think my highest geek cred is the fact that I watch at least one episode every night (it puts me to sleep). What are your favorite TNG episodes besides the obvious (Best of Both Worlds, Inner Light, etc.)? I also love BSG (hence the username), Doctor Who (although, I'm really having trouble with Capaldi... anyone else??).

I'm a nontraditional student getting a second degree in math. I used to teach high-school physics. My hobby these days is studying the history of science and and the history of intellectual thought. icck: I feel like we could totally geek out on ancient history together.
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    I watch at least one episode every night

I used to to do that too! At the moment I'm rewatching both series of Agents of SHIELD before bed :smiley:

What are your favorite TNG episodes besides the obvious (Best of Both Worlds, Inner Light, etc.)?

I love how for most TNG fans that's not even a question because everyone says Inner Light! Aside from that, mine are I Borg, Future Imperfect, Frame of Mind, and Darmok.

I feel like we could totally geek out on ancient history together.

I'm another lover of ancient history - it's one of the reasons I moved to where I'm living now... lots of Roman ruins, and pre-Roman history. :smile:
  • jasonbk13
    jasonbk13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A lot of nerds and geeks out here! I love it! Reading through the thread is nice to see a little chat about a lot of things out there. Have gone to a few Comic-cons and Wonder-con when jt was in SF, I'm out of the country now, so it's tough. Not so much an avid video gamer these days, haven't watched anime in a while but keep up with the big ones (New Dragonball Series! Woo!! Attack on Titan, etc)... Doctor Who is a big for me, Capaldi took a while for me to get used to, but it's good now. Comics keep up with DC mostly. .. GoT, Flash, Gotham, OtnB, list goes on when it comes to tv.

Anyways, really good to see this here.^^
  • bexxxster
    bexxxster Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Meeee :) And my three kids haha, we all just games, comics, anime etc :D
  • BenniBlanc0
    BenniBlanc0 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Yep - Akira is one of my favourite movies ever, Tattoos, Comics & History are my bag.... As well as Game of Thrones!!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Also a nerd. Mostly geek out to videogames, but I'm feeling more and more like fitness nerd lol.
  • 13muthonikimani
    13muthonikimani Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yes! Big Doctor Who, Star Trek original series, Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter fan, I love Supernatural and Firefly, DC comics enthusiast, Welcome to Night Vale, anything Douglas Adams has written I love, I like anime and manga but mostly sports ones like Free, I've got a pikachu stethoscope (med school)......so glad to meet others :#:)
  • Nthiaan
    Nthiaan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Here another one! I love watching series, mostly scyfy, but also other ones, and with my boyfriend I watch anime. I also love gaming and reading. (I am 23 and still play pokemongames on my 3DS :smiley: ) Oh and I love minions, they are amazing <3
  • TheGoktor
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »

I've been on both of those for years... lurking mostly!

• BenniBlanc0
    BenniBlanc0 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Add me fellow geeks!!
  • cgilbert501
    cgilbert501 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Total geek here. 48 years old and still cosplaying. I am also the CO of the Lucasfilm-acknowledged costuming group The Jedi Assembly. I also love Dr Who, some animes (Attack on Titan, FullMetal Alchemist, etc.), Sherlock, and so much more. Star Wars basically is my life, though.
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Total geek here. 48 years old and still cosplaying. I am also the CO of the Lucasfilm-acknowledged costuming group The Jedi Assembly. I also love Dr Who, some animes (Attack on Titan, FullMetal Alchemist, etc.), Sherlock, and so much more. Star Wars basically is my life, though.

I'm assuming your username is your actual name, here...but it really shocked me when I saw it because I thought it was me for a second! We've the same initials and I'm not smart enough to remember what my ACTUAL screen name is! :D

• dsneade
    dsneade Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My number one goal for getting in shape is so I can look good in a Captain America costume... Does that count?
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Fellow geek here! I'm totally new here. Feel free to friend.

I grew up on Star Trek TNG. And, so, I think my highest geek cred is the fact that I watch at least one episode every night (it puts me to sleep). What are your favorite TNG episodes besides the obvious (Best of Both Worlds, Inner Light, etc.)? I also love BSG (hence the username), Doctor Who (although, I'm really having trouble with Capaldi... anyone else??).

I'm a nontraditional student getting a second degree in math. I used to teach high-school physics. My hobby these days is studying the history of science and and the history of intellectual thought. icck: I feel like we could totally geek out on ancient history together.

Aw love, you're going to be so disappointed in me. One of the few things I just couldn't get into was Star Wars and Star Trek. Most of my friends were never into it either so I never felt the need to get into it. I will say that lately I have had a little itch of curiosity that needs scratching. Maybe I'll give it a try this weekend or something since I have a couple days off.
    I loooooove history. Oddly though... the creepy side of history. I have two marvelous books on all of the Kings and Queens of the ages who were completely insane. All the stuff they never teach you in history class, now THAT stuff is intriguing! :D
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Yes! Big Doctor Who, Star Trek original series, Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter fan, I love Supernatural and Firefly, DC comics enthusiast, Welcome to Night Vale, anything Douglas Adams has written I love, I like anime and manga but mostly sports ones like Free, I've got a pikachu stethoscope (med school)......so glad to meet others :#:)

I've heard of Night Vale a couple times now, maybe I need to look into that as well. My best friend and I are going to a Supernatural convention in October! SOOO excited!! xD