Cellulite!?!?!?

Options
So, I have been working out for about 2 months now. I do a combo of cardio and strength training. However, in the last 2 weeks I’ve noticed cellulite in my upper thighs, that wasn’t there before (or at least it wasn't visible). My legs have always been huge, even when I was significantly smaller, but never any cellulite. Is there something I’m doing or not doing properly?

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    bumping for some answers, i got it on my thighs too.
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    Do stretching exercises!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    According to a website....

"Although thin people are not immune, obese people are more prone to getting cellulite, which is a form of fat after all. In an overweight body, fat accumulation also pushes the cellulite in the subcutaneous layer outward and worsens the appearance of cellulite.

Sometimes, the effort of losing weight can lead to more harm than good. For example, yo-yo dieting can lead to increased tendency of fat cells to store fat and enlarge, as well as create a resistance to shrinking."

It's not a lot of help I know. All I came up with.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    cellulite is pockets of fat... i've heard that rubbing vigorously (like in the shower), and jumping rope both help. and FYI, you can be skinny and have cellulite. almost all of us have it.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is inevitable unfortunately. Even Victoria Secret models have it.

The only things you can do is drink lots of water (very important for cellulite), eat well, exercise and massage the areas with cream.
    That's what I have read and what doctors tell me anyways.

Did you know that men don't get cellulite? It sucks! lol
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    It's the bane of my existence!! I teaching spinning and Body Pump, so my life consists of squats, lunges, and cycling...and my *kitten* STILL has cellulite. There is no getting rid of it short of lipo. I hate it.
  • eguillory79
    Options
    Cellulite is inevitable unfortunately. Even Victoria Secret models have it.

The only things you can do is drink lots of water (very important for cellulite), eat well, exercise and massage the areas with cream.
    That's what I have read and what doctors tell me anyways.

Did you know that men don't get cellulite? It sucks! lol

Hmmmmmmm....never thought of it, but I guess I haven't seen a guy with cellulite...