Tim, personal trainer, just ask!

Options
Everybody, need extra help or tips? Feel free to ask!

Replies

• Annb65
    Annb65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm just started a lot of walking and was wondering if it tones all over body?
    Had some many people telling me different things ! Thanks in advance
    Ps
    I'm doing an average of 5/8 miles a day drinking plenty of water and eating healthy
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Annb65 wrote: »
    Hi I'm just started a lot of walking and was wondering if it tones all over body?
    Ps
    I'm doing an average of 5/8 miles a day drinking plenty of water and eating healthy

Toning has nothing to do with exercise. To look toned you need to lose fat to allow the muscles underneath be seem more defined. Eating in a deficit makes you lose fat... You need to be accurately weighing, measuring and logging all your food and calorific drinks (regardless of "healthiness") to make sure you're in a deficit...
  • sabrinacj
    sabrinacj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi there I started taking some vitamins and exercising last week....I am taking b complex, l-carnitine, biotin, vitamin c, d, calcium and vitamin e....I am using a kettle bell, dumbells, walking and cardio....any advice to help see results quicker? I already feel some tightening especially in my legs butt and stomach but the scale hasn't moved.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Is it Friday already?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Is it Friday already?

You read my mind.....
  • jakicooke
    jakicooke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hiya Tim

im still overweight at 12 stone (77kg) approx. even though ive lost over 5 stone. im female 46 years old and one of my many "want to achieve" goals are chin ups / pull ups. I find chin ups feel more comfortable but im still way off doing them - I can control very slowly the descent but can not pull all the way back up infact I can drop to maybe 45 - 90 degree angle in my arms and can pulse a couple of times but nothing more. is this something that I can get to achieve and if so what can I do apart from keep trying them to help me along?

Many thanks for any advice
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Annb65 wrote: »
    Ps

Toning has nothing to do with exercise. To look toned you need to lose fat to allow the muscles underneath be seem more defined. Eating in a deficit makes you lose fat... You need to be accurately weighing, measuring and logging all your food and calorific drinks (regardless of "healthiness") to make sure you're in a deficit...
    Actually "toning" isn't really anything definitive in fitness. There are so many subjective views of it. And while everyone has muscles, the extent of how "hard" they look will depend on exercise. No doubt that calorie deficit is what is needed to lose body fat, but no exercise usually just has a person looking like a smaller version of their current self. Not to mention that lack of exercise will subject lean muscle tissue to also be lost along with fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png