Any geeks out there?

Options

Replies

• ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hi! Dr. Who, Walking Dead, and Firefly. I also like Rocky Horror Picture Show. I play WoW, Minecraft, Heros Of The Storm.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    All geeks feel free to friend me. I have an established Geekdom. Feel free to creep my profile.
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    GeekdGirl wrote: »
    Where are the cosplayers? The computer geeks? The fans of the Oxford comma?! C'mon!! :D
    oxford-comma2.jpg

This makes my heart so happy.

Big geek here too :) Read pretty much everything I can get my hands on (just finished The Martian), huge Harry Potter fan, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, LotR, everything Marvel, obsessed with tabletop gaming, own a giant collection of N64 games, and am currently eagerly awaiting the next installment of Spider-Gwen!

• Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I’m a geek in the Simon Pegg version of the word - “Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating.”

Some of the things I am overly enthused about are: Simon Pegg (obviously), Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Spaced, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Doctor Who (I am a new fan – but I have second hand fandom syndrome, and want to join the SuperWhoLock fandom), Firefly!!!, Marvel (Avengers and Deadpool especially) The Saga of Darren Shan, and many more things…
  • Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Is Sherlock a geeky thing? I may have upped my geek cred, there! And if one can also "geek" at music, I was in choir all throughout highschool. I also have read all of the Discworld series (RIP, Mr. Pratchett!) and am knee deep in Hitchhiker (late to that particular party, I realise. And RIP, Mr. Adams).

@Redbeard333 I'm sorry! I do LIKE Peter Capaldi, just couldn't get on with him as The Doctor. I prefer him as a sweary and mean Malcolm!
  • SithDogg671
    SithDogg671 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi there - nerd, fanboy, Otaku, Whovian (Classic variety!), musician, librarian. I'd start listing things but then we'd be here until the dawn of the third age of mankind... B)
  • Clo747
    Options
    I've got a free 24 hour pass to crunchyroll, if anyone fancies it?
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    A bit of a geek here. Lol
    Love Dr. Who (David Tennant, will always be my Dr.) Dressed up as Amy Pond last year for Halloween.
    Getting ready to go to a Pirate Festival this weekend. Any excuse to dress up like a pirate and I am there.
    Love all things Star Trek. Love the Walking Dead and Zombie movies in general.
    Play a bit of video games, but have had to cut back for more exercise time.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    LadyAhiru wrote: »
    Hi there!

I am what you would call a geek, here a random ranked list of some of my interests!

-Video Games (Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Diablo, old RPGs)
    -Comics (if it says "Marvel" on the cover i have probably read it)
    -TV Shows (Arrow, Flash, Agents of SHIELD, Doctor Whom Firefly, Buffy and so on)

also of course Star Trek, Star Wars and many more^^
    Feel free to message or add me

I imagine 'Doctor Whom' being really posh, like if Stephen Fry played The Doctor....

Massive geek here too. Like pretty much all of the above. Not a big anime fan though.

I hope you're proud of yourself, you made me laugh so hard I snorted at work. Thanks for that. xP
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Big geek: mostly Doctor Who (c'mon... Capaldi's awesome!! He's the perfect embodiment of old Who and new Who) and Walking Dead. I'm also the advisor for the Doctor Who Club at the school I teach at.

The only comic books I read are TWD; no anime.

Walking Dead is the IIIISSSSHHH!!!! Also I've met Scott Wilson and he is very literally the sweetest guy on the planet! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    Clo747 wrote: »
    Is Sherlock a geeky thing? I may have upped my geek cred, there! And if one can also "geek" at music, I was in choir all throughout highschool. I also have read all of the Discworld series (RIP, Mr. Pratchett!) and am knee deep in Hitchhiker (late to that particular party, I realise. And RIP, Mr. Adams).

@Redbeard333 I'm sorry! I do LIKE Peter Capaldi, just couldn't get on with him as The Doctor. I prefer him as a sweary and mean Malcolm!

OF COURSE Sherlock is a geeky thing!! (Tumblr has been all but destroyed by the fandom in the best way possible lol). I do love Peter Capaldi, his sass especially. I don't know, maybe it's the fact that everyone has "their Doctor" and Matt Smith was definitely mine. Mostly because his utter awkwardness was so relate-able to me.
  • Clo747
    Options
    Clo747 wrote: »

OF COURSE Sherlock is a geeky thing!! (Tumblr has been all but destroyed by the fandom in the best way possible lol). I do love Peter Capaldi, his sass especially. I don't know, maybe it's the fact that everyone has "their Doctor" and Matt Smith was definitely mine. Mostly because his utter awkwardness was so relate-able to me.

I loved Matt. His little cheeky face.... <3

• Arch799
    Arch799 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    hmm dont know if i would call myself a geek, what do you think chewie? :)
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Before kids I was a big anime, comic book, steampunk geek. Now I don't have time for any of it. @ladyahiru I didn't like the CLAMP stuff after Magic Knight Rayearth. The ending was messed up. I would say my favorite animes were probably Beck, FLCL, S-cryed, Brain Powered (although I hated the voices in the japanese version and the English dub), and I loved every Gundam series.

The only "steampunk" type stuff I've read lately was the Lindsey Buroker (not sure if that is how you spell it) books.

I only was into Gundam Wing!
    Duo Maxwell was the reason i let my hair grow out as a 13 year old^^
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    GeekdGirl wrote: »
    Where are the cosplayers? The computer geeks? The fans of the Oxford comma?! C'mon!! :D

In for the Oxford comma, or serial comma as it's known on this side of the pond.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    Options
    I just want to say that all of you guys are so freakishly awesome and y'all put a huge smile on my face today. Every single one of you! :smiley:

For those telling me about the groups on here, thank you! I did not realize that there was a group like that on here. I was merely trying to gain some uber geeky nerds as friends. :wink:
  • RuefulRabbit
    RuefulRabbit Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Computer games: World of Warcraft, Diablo II and III, and Banished.
    Science fiction: I'm old-school - grew up on Asimov, Heinlein, Bradbury, et al.
    Fantasy: I bend the knee to J.R.R. Tolkein, whose works, IMNSHO, set the standard.
    Anime: I'm reading the Sailor Moon manga (on the recommendation of my wife).
    Love Star Trek (except Enterprise and the new reboots), and Babylon 5. Not into Dr. Who, and dislike Walking Dead intensely.
    I loved the first four Harry Potter books, and hated the last three.

I've got one fantasy novel published already, and working on a second, though this one is more science-fiction than fantasy.
  • pottsypentav
    pottsypentav Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Biiiiig batman comic fan and love gaming. I think I for the criteria.
  • lgeoffrey87
    lgeoffrey87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First day here, saw this post. Feeling like I made the right choice....;)
  • ritornello
    ritornello Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hola! I guess I count as a geek. I'm a huge music history geek, play videogames (I finished all of the Dragon Age games and am working my way through Fallout 3 and the Mass Effect series. I also really love platformers, even though I'm pretty bad at them.) I also like comics, usually Image stuff.