Replies

• donohoeshaunap
    donohoeshaunap Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone! :)
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I love cut up cucumbers with a topping of tuna, paprika and chili mixture on top. hooked!
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    KIND almond bars. I find in the pharmacy area at Walmart. The almonds have raised my hdl to 57 and triglycerides are 66... So doing good other than helping with hunger. They are lower in sugar than most snack bars. My two favorite are dark chocolate almond with sea salt and caramel almond with sea salt. There are many different favors.
  • marthaelisa80
    marthaelisa80 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Greeks God's honey vanilla yogurt w/ granola! The best!
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Greeks God's honey vanilla yogurt w/ granola! The best!

That's my favorite Greek yogurt. I love it with diced strawberries and bananas and a little Bare Naked chocolate granola.
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    A whole grain waffle with PB and a drizzle of honey! Keeps me feeling full!
  • lenacooper103
    lenacooper103 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hypsibius wrote: »
    I'm getting bored with hummus and veggies/fruit and skinny pop. what are your favorite snacks? help me out!

Good thread!
    • Pistachios in the shell
    • dark chocolate and peanuts
    • Avocado w/ lil' salt and pepper

And one thing I highly recommend:
    1. Cut Brussels Sprouts in half
    2. Put in a baking pan with some olive oil / bam-style seasoning
    3. Let the loose ends / flakes stay in the pan
    4. Cook at 375 degrees
    5. Pull out of oven and sprinkle feta cheese on top.

The "flakes" come out crispy and delicious. Great snack. Better than any chip :smile:

That sounds awesome!
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I mad these for my kids, and had one and they are like eating frozen cheesecake. http://www.kitchentreaty.com/skinny-vanilla-bean-cheesecake-popsicles/

for store bought, I get Mary's Gone Crackers. You can dip those in anything. Also yummy with avocado.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    talenti gelato or breyers oreo ice cream blast
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop is kinda pricey......

I make my own "skinny" popcorn with a microwave pop bowl & a bit of oil. The oil helps the toppings stick. Experiment with seasonings. These recipe have butter & such.....but the flavor ideas are there:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/50-flavored-popcorn-recipes.html

Vanilla Greek yogurt, powdered peanut butter, and Grapenuts cereal for crunch.

Re: the Jello idea. You can add fruits & veggies to this. Orange jello with crushed pineapple and shredded carrots is good. Lemon & lime jello are good with celery, carrots & cabbage.

• darpke
    darpke Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Forget the tuna ... Pass me the albacore! Tastes way better and less calories. Squeeze out all the moisture, mix with scant amount of lite salad dressing, lemon pepper & a few drops of soy sauce. Use Tumaro wrap (only 60 calories!), a sliced cucumber / romaine shredded lettuce - you get all that for under 125 calories. Add a couple jalepenoes if you like to spice it up