What's the best things to snack on with lots of taste

Options
Hello, my aim is to loose a stone in a month for my brothers wedding. Iv done it before in the past and I realise it's only a quick fix. What is the best thing to snack on through out the day as I'm a grazer and love snacking! Thank you

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Lots of taste? Ketchup, pretty strong stuff for taste ;)

In all seriousness, a stone in a month is not happening. 1 stone = 14 lb

That's just unhealthy and unsustainable.

If you were wanting to look better for your brothers wedding, why didn't you start 14 weeks ago when you should have done?
  • winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Fruit and some kind of protein such as cheese string, hard boiled egg, or peanut butter!
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Cut out carbs and sodium and of course go low on the calories. 1200 calories a day is the minimum for women. You'll lose weight quickly for the wedding but will most certainly gain it all back when you stop. If you are obese you could probably lose that much in the first month of dieting. Snack on low calories items that are high in protein or fiber. They will fill you up.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    Cut out carbs and sodium and of course go low on the calories. 1200 calories a day is the minimum for women. You'll lose weight quickly for the wedding but will most certainly gain it all back when you stop. If you are obese you could probably lose that much in the first month of dieting. Snack on low calories items that are high in protein or fiber. They will fill you up.

Fgs look at the OP's profile it clearly says male.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Garlic.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

Well, the poster is male, so his minimum would be 1500...but it's still an unhealthy goal to shoot for

OP, if you only have a stone to lose, aim for 5 pounds instead, then work to get the rest off in the coming months. Better than starving yourself (you'd need close to a 1600-calorie deficit per day to lose that amount).
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Cheese and deli meat
    Vegetables dipped in hot sauce
    Multigrain bread with peanut butter (use a scale to weigh the PB)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    S nack on what you enjoy eating..just weigh it and log it. If your at or under calories for the day, you will lose.

My favorite snacks...

Corn thin (like a rice cake but made with.corn) topped with a spreadable cheese wedge, hard boiled egg whites and lots of hot sauce.

Beef jerkey (peppered is my fav)

Melon
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hello, my aim is to loose a stone in a month for my brothers wedding. Iv done it before in the past and I realise it's only a quick fix. What is the best thing to snack on through out the day as I'm a grazer and love snacking! Thank you

How long have you known your brother was getting married?

If you just learned it, then just start eating at a calorie deficit and lose a few, that's it. 14 pounds in a month won't happen.

If you've known about his wedding for a while but you are just now deciding to lose weight....still is not happening. Planning always works better than quick fixes.

Have fun at your brother's wedding. :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

If you just learned it, then just start eating at a calorie deficit and lose a few, that's it. 14 pounds in a month won't happen.

If you've known about his wedding for a while but you are just now deciding to lose weight....still is not happening. Planning always works better than quick fixes.

THIS, is why you're my friend!
  • bilsonmandela
    bilsonmandela Posts: 30 Member
    Options

If you were wanting to look better for your brothers wedding, why didn't you start 14 weeks ago when you should have done?

Because iv had other things to worry about ! Iv lost a stone before on a month so I know I can do it !!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Terriyaki Beef Jerky.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • bilsonmandela
    Options

Your tone in the way you speak to people is really offensive. If you haven't got anything helpful or nice to say then please stay of my profile and don't comment ! Thank you
  • bilsonmandela
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »

THIS, is why you're my friend!

Iv known about it for a while but have been busy and just couldn't be arsed in all honesty hahah ! Already lost 4 lbs in 3 days so I'm gonna keep up with what I'm doing hahah thanks guys
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

Because iv had other things to worry about ! Iv lost a stone before on a month so I know I can do it !!!

Just know that most people probably won't notice a 1 stone loss anyway, but I understand having goals. Just don't make yourself crazy or be unhealthy as a means to get there. :)

When I need something to snack on but don't want to eat a lot of calories I go for pickles.

• granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    .... 1200 calories a day is the minimum for women. ....

Your tone in the way you speak to people is really offensive. If you haven't got anything helpful or nice to say then please stay of my profile and don't comment ! Thank you

Isaack was being helpful. Your gender is on your public profile.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I like hummus to spice up veggies, salsa and scrambled eggs, mustard is an easy way to add some flavor... I also like sweet and spicy tuna packets with either crackers or cucumber slices.

I agree that 14 is a lot to lose in a month, but workout and stick to 1500 a month and you'll get closer to where you want to be. I tried to crash diet for my friend's wedding last year because I waited too long to do it the right way--it did not work.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Terriyaki Beef Jerky.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Mmmm, from the Tillamook Smoker. Man, I'm going to the Oregon Coast next month and totally stopping at the smoker.
  • 50by50
    50by50 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    P28 bread is really good. If you add some P28 peanut butter to it, it does a nice job of filling you up and helping you load up on protein.
  • kalbo798
    kalbo798 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    troll spotted.