Scale Vicorty and Things That Grind My Gears!

Options
ox45
ox45 Posts: 90 Member
Had a nice scale victory this morning. Hit 40 pounds lost and officially out of the 250s!

And now for the rant!

I work a seasonal job as a bartender. We just recently opened for the year, so there has been a lot of encounters with people that I have not seen me since my new lifestyle has begun. I have received quite a few compliments, which is always good! But then I get the comments that drive me crazy.

"You are so lucky you can lose weight...I wish I could do that...I don't have time to work out...I'm so jealous...etc"

Like I just decided one morning that I didn't need the extra weight and took off the fat suit. I have shed more blood, sweat, and tears these past four months than I thought I would in a lifetime! I have passed on things that have made me do the inner "happy dance" for the past 30 years, just for the greater good of the lifestyle change. I feel like screaming at them, "YOU DON'T HAVE TIME? YOU ARE SITTING IN A BAR! PUT DOWN THE CHICKEN WINGS AND GO FOR A RUN!" But I can't, that was me four months ago. And that is the most frustrating part of all. Besides, it's bad for business!

Replies

• cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, I haven't received one of those comments yet, I might have to yell at them :).
  • booberj
    booberj Posts: 69
    Options
    Congratulation... I hope I'll be able to continue to work hard enough to lose 10lbs a month
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That's just their way of justifying it to themselves :). It's SUPER frustrating!

Congrats!!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I loved your rant - so very funny! Were they drinking a rum and DIET coke with their chicken wings????
  • Kayers713
    Kayers713 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Congratulations on your victory as well!!

I too find that a very frustrating situation to be in. My co-worker and I have built almost identically and I have lost a small amount of weight (small frame, so it shows very quickly) and she is always telling me how jealous she is and how I need to stop loosing weight because it is making her look even fatter!

When she does this, I want to smack the take out menu from her hand and send her to the deli to buy a salad! It's like I worked my behind off to accomplish what I have and she's telling me to stop! Grrrr on her!!!
    Well, thanks for allowing ME to vent as well.

Again, congratulations!!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I totally understand what you mean. First they make your hard work seem like nothing, "you're so lucky" WTH?!??! Luck doesn't even come in the equation when you're drenched in sweat and every muscle on your body is aching and shaking or when you've eaten every calorie you could have including workout cals and you're still so hungry at the end of the day. That is NOT hard work, that is DETERMINATION baby!!! The other thing that "grinds my gears" is this attitude about "oh how'd you do it?" or "I don't see how that can work" or "I wish I could do that, but can't" WAKE UP people, it is simple. less in than out. Burn more eat less. It's not rocket science, they're just lazy. Just like I was when I was nice round and rotund!!! lol.... ANyways, guess I went on a rant of my own. But, you do have mfp and us and we know you've worked SO hard and we are proud of you!!
  • ox45
    Options
    Vent away! It feels good to get things off your chest (besides a few extra pounds :) )
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss!! Isn't amazing how obvious those self-defeating excuses are once we quit believing them ourselves?

Maybe they just need time to realize that it just might be possible that they maybe could kinda do that too. Hopefully by the end of the season you'll be able to make some converts!
  • ox45
    Options
    Awesome loss!! Isn't amazing how obvious those self-defeating excuses are once we quit believing them ourselves?

Maybe they just need time to realize that it just might be possible that they maybe could kinda do that too. Hopefully by the end of the season you'll be able to make some converts!

It really is amazing how iron clad those excuses seemed back then and how pathetic they seem now that I have broken through that self-defeating wall! I guess this journey strengthens and tones our minds as well as our bodies!
  • ajfro
    ajfro Posts: 26
    Options
    Great job.
    Your rant was hilarious. Loved it!
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    haha. Great Job!!! Hilarious Rant loved it! Except now i really want some wings and a beer ;) lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!