Where to "stop" for something healthy?

Options
2»

Replies

• nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    I say Panera.. they have the calories posted next to the items on the board too.. SUPER HELPFUL! ;) ooh and did I mention yummy.. FYI stay away from the brownie in the pastry section.. Can we say 410 cals??? Yikes (Dont ask me how I know that : / )
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Carl's Jr. Guacamole turkey burger has only 490 calories and its really yummy or you could get the teryaki turkey burger for only 470 calories
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    i think subway has alot of sodium, i LOVE chik fil a but idk where u are we dont have them near my and they use peanut oil. but yea applebees has some things on their menu and u cant usually go wrong with a plain chicken sandwich!..

sushiiiii!!!! id eat sushi everday if i could afford it! lol sooo quick and easy and soooo good for u!
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Panera salads have a max of 500 calories for a full size, although the sodium is OUT OF CONTROL! I eat that when I feel like eating out. Subway has an unholy amount of sodium as well. But for these moments when we don't want to cook, it will do. :smile:
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Subway. Even if you pig out on an entire veggie footlong it isn't terrible.

Applebees is SUPER high in sodium.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i really think you can go anywhere that sounds good to you!!! Healthy options are everywhere, its about being smart! No mayo, no cheese, thin crust pizza extra sauce less cheese, grilled not fried, salad instead of fries(hold the ranch) Go to whatever sounds good, just be smart about it and you''ll be just fine!!!

Ditto.....finally, somebody who gets it! :flowerforyou:
  • khern10
    khern10 Posts: 24
    Options
    Taco bell Fresco Bean burritto. 350 calories and high in protein and fiber.
  • Jrh2os
    Jrh2os Posts: 28
    Options
    My hubby and I go to chipotle about once a week. I get the burrito bowl with black beans, rice, carnitas, tomato salsa, corn salsa, a little cheese and lettuce (no sour cream and no tortilla). It a bit high in calories (about 600 calories), but VERY filling and fairly low in fat. Some days I can only eat about half and have the rest for lunch the next day.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I just have to say......... I googled some of the places mentioned and I am pretty disappointed that I was excited about Subway. lol
    What the???/ Why do I live in the wilderness??? Chic Fil A & Panera- whats that? Oh Google showed me just what it is- Subway will never be the same..................... I need to move......... No seriously.....
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Cosi is very similar to panera, and sell flatbread sandwich with a variety of chicken/veggie options. they also have flatbread pizzas, salads, coffee drinks, smoothies, etc. I like that they have the option of baby carrots as a side and a fresh veggie/hummus option for an appetizer!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    If I want to eat out I either go to Dim T and have a no carb vegetable and tofu superfood stir fry, which is about 300 cals, I think. Or to Gourmet Pizza Co and I have a sundried tomato and goat's cheese salad (also no carb), the goat's cheese comes grilled on a slice of tomato. Both do take away.

I am in the UK, though.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    We just enrolled my son in soccer this year and he plays for 6pm-7pm. Whoever decided 4 years should be playing then is crazy, but it puts a bit of a damper on our dinner, since I don't get home until 5pm and we don't drive so we have to leave within 15 minutes of me getting home. Anyhoo, long story short we normally stop at Wendy's afterwards for dinner and I have the large chili and a side garden salad with light Ranch dressing. Don't know the calories offhand but fairly reasonable. Just watch the sodium, the chili is quite high.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody! You've given us some great options! :happy: