Need help figuring out which cellphone

Options
My phone just died and I need to get a new one. I am trying to figure out which one will work best to help keep me motivated and with some of the health and wellness apps (like MFP). Any suggestions?

Replies

• Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Anything android, an iphone you can customise and cheaper apps.

Getting my samsung galaxy s 2 tomorrow, can't wait.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have a samsung fascinate and I love it!! It runs on the android system and I love my C25k app and MFP app =)
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am using my ipod which has MFP app for free. VERY convenient. They have it for iphone for sure, not sure what else. There are other calorie trackers on blackerry as well, but I am not sure if this specific one is on there.
  • cszammit
    cszammit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have blackberry and I really like the app of mfp!! I won't change it because of mfp
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    I got a HTC wildfire S yesterday and I love it I used to have a HTC hd2 but wasn't keen on the windows setup android is much better
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I use my ipod touch as well. I love it. I would get an iphone if I were you. I got the app in March along with some coworkers. They had an Adroid and I used my ipod. The ipod app had more menu selections than the android. Maybe they have fixed this issue but not sure.
  • NancyCatherineWalker
    Options
    I have a Droid. Love the app - it's free. I'm cheap I only download the free apps. :) There's a running app and "map my route" for droid as well.
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    What is your service provider? If you are on verizon, and in an LTE area - go with the thunderbolt. OR, wait a few months for the next wave of LTE phones coming out - including the (rumored) iphone 5. I don't know if you care about the techy details so I won't go into it, but LTE is the only TRUE 4G technology (don't believe the lies, HSPA+ and WiMax are NOT 4G), and it has the capability to be over 100x faster than your current data connection, and 10x faster than your home internet.

Anyway, let me know what carrier you're on, and what you want out of a phone :).
  • bex879165
    bex879165 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've got galaxy s (android) and love it. MFP app is great too.
  • sduralia
    sduralia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What is your service provider? If you are on verizon, and in an LTE area - go with the thunderbolt. OR, wait a few months for the next wave of LTE phones coming out - including the (rumored) iphone 5. I don't know if you care about the techy details so I won't go into it, but LTE is the only TRUE 4G technology (don't believe the lies, HSPA+ and WiMax are NOT 4G), and it has the capability to be over 100x faster than your current data connection, and 10x faster than your home internet.

Anyway, let me know what carrier you're on, and what you want out of a phone :).
  • sduralia
    sduralia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm still figuring out how to use MFP. I have verizon currently, but am not necessarily needing to stay with them. I don't need anything too fancy and have always just used my cell for calling and texting. Now with MFP, I would love to take advantage of MFP, the running/cycling distance apps. I need GPS and would like voice to text capability. I live in Omaha and have been told that we are not 4G capable yet.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i have an iPhone through AT&T, but my hubby and i will be switching to Sprint before the end of the year...i am going to get an Android phone with them.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    iPhone here... and its the free app on it that allowed me to discover MFP.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S (which uses Android) it does everything that an iPhone does, but far cheaper and (this is the real clincher) it doesn't force you to have iTunes on your PC just to upload music onto it.

Not only can you track MFP stuff on it, but also Android apps such as MyTracks give you GPS info and plot your walks/ runs.

If you can afford one, the iPhone is excellent. :)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I credit my iPhone for my weight loss.

Seriously, I am only half kidding. Couldn't have done it without MFP, RunKeeper, iPod and Pandora. All brought to me via my iPhone. Probably also available on android, but my phone is so much more user friendly than any if the droid/window phones I have played with.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Depends on your carrier..but I would suggest an Android Device...Personally, I like the android more than the iPhone...

Also, if you are not very used to a touchscreen, you might want to see if you can find a phone with a slide out keyboard...mine comes in handy!