Hi!! And Food & Fitness Goals

Options
Hey everyone!! I'm Alayna, or you can call me Layny :)
I'm not entirely new to MFP, just new account and a goal to be consistent. I never been one to truly track what I eat, but I'm really starting to notice that I'm not getting enough food, especially enough of the right foods. So, one of my goals is to find some friends on here to keep me accountable in logging my foods :D
Also, I'm a fitness coach, so anyone who'd like some help staying accountable with their workouts, let's do an accountability swap ;) my food for your workouts lol

Anyway, my overall health goals, besides tracking food, are as follows:
~get strong and build muslce overall
~keep my body healthy enough to constantly compete in obstacle runs like Tough Mudder (doing that tomorrow!!)
~prep for an October bikini competition

So, what are you goals?? I'd love to know!! And can't wait to hear from you :D

Replies

• bonecrusher504
    bonecrusher504 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im David, my girlfriend and i decided to diet. Im 5'9" and 170lbs my goal is to be at 155lbs. After i hit my target i will then bulk up to where I am satisfied.
  • coachlaynyfit
    coachlaynyfit Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im David, my girlfriend and i decided to diet. Im 5'9" and 170lbs my goal is to be at 155lbs. After i hit my target i will then bulk up to where I am satisfied.
    That's awesome David! What are you doing diet-wise to reach that weight?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm prepping for a comp at the moment - figure in mid September :)

Have you competed before?
  • coachlaynyfit
    Options

Nope, never competed before. I'm pretty excited about it, though recently found out that Spartan is around the same time as the comp so I'm kinda torn lol Have you competed before?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Nope, never competed before. I'm pretty excited about it, though recently found out that Spartan is around the same time as the comp so I'm kinda torn lol Have you competed before?

I have - quite a few times since 2011.

If you've never competed before, and notice that you don't think you eat enough, I perhaps consider training and eating for a while to gain some muscle... You can't do that in a deficit, so if you've been dieting for a while (consciously or not) you may not have a lot of muscle base. Perhaps putting off the comp for another season, or a year will let you focus on the spartan race (which you also sound excited about) as well as build a bit before you start prepping for the bikini comp.

There will always be comps - no need to rush! People forget that at the end of the day it's a bodybuilding competition, even bikini girls need muscle!
  • 3212boss
    3212boss Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I'm Alayna, or you can call me Layny :)
    I'm not entirely new to MFP, just new account and a goal to be consistent. I never been one to truly track what I eat, but I'm really starting to notice that I'm not getting enough food, especially enough of the right foods. So, one of my goals is to find some friends on here to keep me accountable in logging my foods :D
    Also, I'm a fitness coach, so anyone who'd like some help staying accountable with their workouts, let's do an accountability swap ;) my food for your workouts lol

Anyway, my overall health goals, besides tracking food, are as follows:
    ~get strong and build muslce overall
    ~keep my body healthy enough to constantly compete in obstacle runs like Tough Mudder (doing that tomorrow!!)
    ~prep for an October bikini competition

So, what are you goals?? I'd love to know!! And can't wait to hear from you :D

Is it vain for me to say I wanna stay a size 33/32!!!!!Lol
  • coachlaynyfit
    Options

I have - quite a few times since 2011.

If you've never competed before, and notice that you don't think you eat enough, I perhaps consider training and eating for a while to gain some muscle... You can't do that in a deficit, so if you've been dieting for a while (consciously or not) you may not have a lot of muscle base. Perhaps putting off the comp for another season, or a year will let you focus on the spartan race (which you also sound excited about) as well as build a bit before you start prepping for the bikini comp.

There will always be comps - no need to rush! People forget that at the end of the day it's a bodybuilding competition, even bikini girls need muscle!

I've actually been discussing that with my boyfriend. He's also torn between October comp and Spartan. But your advice is definitely sound :smile: I do need to focus on gaining some more muscle lol Tough Mudder this past weekend showed me a lot of my weak points too, though it was a total blast. Honestly, those kinds of runs have been making me fully reconsider comps, so we'll see!
  • coachlaynyfit
    Options
    3212boss wrote: »
    Is it vain for me to say I wanna stay a size 33/32!!!!!Lol

That fully depends on whether you are comfortable at that size with the body shape that it comes with :smiley: