MFP Runners Club 12/30

Options
IM BACK! :bigsmile:

After being down for 2 weeks with a bad cold I finally feel better. I did 2 workouts yesterday and ran this morning. I would like to say that it was an easy 3.5 miles but it was not. My chest hurt most of the time and in some spots my breathing was labored but I made it through. We started out at an 8 mpm pace and I ended up slowing to a 10 mpm pace. So I averaged a 10 mpm pace for the entire run. I am leaving to go away with friends tomorrow but I plan to run while I am gone. I got the Nike+ for Christmas so I want to try it out. Have a good run everyone.:drinker:

Replies

• SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options

After being down for 2 weeks with a bad cold I finally feel better. I did 2 workouts yesterday and ran this morning. I would like to say that it was an easy 3.5 miles but it was not. My chest hurt most of the time and in some spots my breathing was labored but I made it through. We started out at an 8 mpm pace and I ended up slowing to a 10 mpm pace. So I averaged a 10 mpm pace for the entire run. I am leaving to go away with friends tomorrow but I plan to run while I am gone. I got the Nike+ for Christmas so I want to try it out. Have a good run everyone.:drinker:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

Wow, I'm so impressed that you ran that fast after a 2 week cold. I've been sick too and unable to run, but today I'm running, and I can't wait! I'll be happy with a 10mpm pace and 3 miles, but I'm shooting for 4.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job Sherry!!

I ran 5 miles this morning, 9:20 pace so nothing too crazy but felt great in 30* weather!! :laugh:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    felt great in 30* weather!! :laugh:

It was cold and windy here too. Some times the wind was blowing in your face and I had a hard time catching my breath.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    great job guys, no running for me today, I'm off to the gym right now (today is a lifting day) and I'm going to do an easy swim workout at the pool this afternoon when I get off work.
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better. I am running this afternoon with my sister 5 miles or more we will see she has been running inside not outside!!

Alisha
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I got 4 miles in this morning.

Wishing everyone a good run/workout/rest day!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Ran for an hour this morning. Lost track of distance, just doing hill repeats on the bridge (back and forth, back and forth:ohwell:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I did get out this afternoon and ran 6 1/2 miles felt great and the weather was pretty nice. Can not wait to run tomorrow!!! Lets hope the weather stays nice...

Alisha