What is the best Whey Protein?

Options
I'm looking for the best whey protein for weight loss. If anyone can help me choose the best one it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Whey protein is not "for weight loss."

Whey protein is for getting more protein into your diet if you're not consuming enough through the other foods you eat. It has no direct effect on weight loss.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Chocalate6 wrote: »
    I'm looking for the best whey protein for weight loss. If anyone can help me choose the best one it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The best whey protein for weight loss is one that tastes good to you and fits into your daily goals. There are many out there, and you simply want to find one that doesn't break the bank and seems to have a good amount of protein for not too many calories. I think the one that I use is Six Star Nutrition (I bought it at Wal-Mart).

That being said, a whey protein is not going to do anything for weight loss if you're not monitoring your intake. It is just a supplement that helps some people get meet their daily protein goal. Whether or not you use it will not impact your weight loss one way or another.
  • Chocalate6
    Chocalate6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    O OK Thanks I just heard some make you bigger.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    O OK Thanks I just heard some make you bigger.

Nope - eating more calories than you burn makes you bigger. :smile:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Whey protein is just a food and not for "weight loss".

Here's a list of the most popular protein powders with reviews on all the flavors. Everyone here who responds will have their own preference i'm sure and there are thousands out there. DONT get all hung up on finding a specific brand. Just go for whats in your budget and is easily accessible to you.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/whey.html

• Chocalate6
    Options

The best whey protein for weight loss is one that tastes good to you and fits into your daily goals. There are many out there, and you simply want to find one that doesn't break the bank and seems to have a good amount of protein for not too many calories. I think the one that I use is Six Star Nutrition (I bought it at Wal-Mart).

That being said, a whey protein is not going to do anything for weight loss if you're not monitoring your intake. It is just a supplement that helps some people get meet their daily protein goal. Whether or not you use it will not impact your weight loss one way or another.

Thanks for the info :)
  • Chocalate6
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Whey protein is just a food and not for "weight loss".

Here's a list of the most popular protein powders with reviews on all the flavors. Everyone here who responds will have their own preference i'm sure and there are thousands out there. DONT get all hung up on finding a specific brand. Just go for whats in your budget and is easily accessible to you.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/whey.html

Thank you!
  • wanttobefit300
    wanttobefit300 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't drink protein shakes, but I tried some recipes that used whey protein powder to add protein to foods that don't normally have much protein. I found Sprout's Farm Market whey protein to be very tasty in such situations.
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    to all of those saying whey protein isn't for weight loss.... well yea its not the primary purpose of it BUT! i did not start losing weight until i started drinking muscle milk.... i was busting my *kitten* at the gym with 0 weight loss. i started drinking muscle milk and it keeps me full longer. and at the end of the day it really makes a difference on how much i eat. and i eat a lot less if i drank a shake. :)