Texas MFP Friends

Options

Replies

• katnroyal87
    katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
    Options
    Yeah the city keeps expanding outwards!!!
  • Ritzaburk
    Ritzaburk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    HOLA from Dallas!! Rowlett, TX To be exact!
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    In the heart of Houston, texas
  • Creiddylad1
    Creiddylad1 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about setting up a DFW MFP meetup, but then I got lazy lol
    So what happened?
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Gabrielm80 wrote: »
    kramrn77 wrote: »
    Any favorite places to go play or run in SA? I've been considering the River Walk some early Saturday morning but haven't braved the drive yet

The river walk by the mall gets real cramped in spots it's not great for runs but there are trails over by the art museum and the pearl brewery has joggers all the time. Than there is brakinridge park, mcallister park and hilburger park. They all have nice trails. And if you like ghost lore there is a place on nacogdoches Rd a few miles south of Rolling oaks mall that is a jogging trail that leads to a haunted tower in the middle of the woods. Lore says a lone solider fought on it in the early 1800s. Looks like something out of Robinhood. But spoilers it isn't haunted the thing was built just a little under 100 years ago by some millionaire that use to own the land. But it's cool to kinda look up the lore and get a group and go for a night run. Logic goes out the window and you swear you feel cold pockets of air and see things. Good times.

Ha! I run in Comanche Lookout all the time! It's not far from the house and is a great default option- but we are buying a house in Universal City, so I have to find a new default running park. I ran there at dusk once- and it is a bit creepy in the more wooded areas on your own. I don't know that I will repeat that particular trip. Went down Salado Creek today- the boardwalk is nice.
  • jabx1962
    jabx1962 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Pearland...
  • Feistiness72
    Feistiness72 Posts: 3,772 Member
    Options
    I'm in Pearland...born and raised in Houston
  • Feistiness72
    Feistiness72 Posts: 3,772 Member
    Options
    jcdoerr wrote: »
    Working in Galveston right now, watching Tropical Storm Bill roll in. How's everyone else doing with all this crazy rain so far?

Really didn't get much rain here in Pearland
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    jcdoerr wrote: »
    Working in Galveston right now, watching Tropical Storm Bill roll in. How's everyone else doing with all this crazy rain so far?
    Lubbock/Ransom Canyon area is getting pelted! I feel sorry for our neighbors on the bottom.
  • cutemekat
    cutemekat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Austin here! :)
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Any favorite places to go play or run in SA? I've been considering the River Walk some early Saturday morning but haven't braved the drive yet

The river walk by the mall gets real cramped in spots it's not great for runs but there are trails over by the art museum and the pearl brewery has joggers all the time. Than there is brakinridge park, mcallister park and hilburger park. They all have nice trails. And if you like ghost lore there is a place on nacogdoches Rd a few miles south of Rolling oaks mall that is a jogging trail that leads to a haunted tower in the middle of the woods. Lore says a lone solider fought on it in the early 1800s. Looks like something out of Robinhood. But spoilers it isn't haunted the thing was built just a little under 100 years ago by some millionaire that use to own the land. But it's cool to kinda look up the lore and get a group and go for a night run. Logic goes out the window and you swear you feel cold pockets of air and see things. Good times.

Ha! I run in Comanche Lookout all the time! It's not far from the house and is a great default option- but we are buying a house in Universal City, so I have to find a new default running park. I ran there at dusk once- and it is a bit creepy in the more wooded areas on your own. I don't know that I will repeat that particular trip. Went down Salado Creek today- the boardwalk is nice.

Universal city I saw Mckalister park is close enough to there for your new spot. It's on jones maltsburger or wursbach parkway
  • RJ0274
    RJ0274 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Options
    Rockwall here. 25 miles east of Dallas off I-30.
  • kingtighe333
    kingtighe333 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I live about 10 minutes south of Dallas (:
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

Universal city I saw Mckalister park is close enough to there for your new spot. It's on jones maltsburger or wursbach parkway

I have been there a few times- but mainly for the playgrounds for the little one. The nugget and I have gone on a short walk there, but I haven't really explored the trails very much.
  • williecampos
    williecampos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Crossroads - North of Dallas
  • LouisianaHotSauce_93
    LouisianaHotSauce_93 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I live 20 minutes from Texas. I've lived in Baytown,Laporte,corpus Christi,Beaumont and Nederland . My sister lives in Laporte still.!
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    As long as you claim Texas as your home, we'll accept ya.
  • codyzmckeever
    codyzmckeever Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stephenville!
  • _Valhalla_
    _Valhalla_ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Close to Galveston here
  • BenniBlanc0
    BenniBlanc0 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm not from Texas, I'm from the UK.... But I'm a big fan :D