Losing inches but not losing lbs

Options
I know it's the same worry for every girl on the planet but i'm in my sixth week of training with the LDNMuscle Bikini Guide. As far as fitness goes i am seeing improvements every time i go to the gym, and I'm losing inches off my legs, waist and hips but the scale has gone up if anything. Am i worrying for no reason? I know it's a slow process, maybe I'm just being impatient?

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    If you started the program 6 weeks ago and are still eating in a deficit, it's water retention and a whoosh should happen soon.

No one sees your scale weight except you and the doctor so if you're losing inches, you're doing fine
  • Jadeleahegarty
    Jadeleahegarty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! If anything my diet is lacking from what is recommended by 500 cals a day. Could this be a problem? I'm averaging at 1500-1600 per day, and working out 4-5 times a week.
  • keera123
    keera123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    muscle weighs heavier than fat, so you could be just turning fat into muscle which is why the scales going up, but turning fat into muscle will make you look slimmer as muscle takes up less space in the body than fat.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    keera123 wrote: »
    muscle weighs heavier than fat, so you could be just turning fat into muscle which is why the scales going up, but turning fat into muscle will make you look slimmer as muscle takes up less space in the body than fat.

No.
    So much no.

A pound is a pound is a pound regardless of what it is.
    Muscle is denser than fat and weighs more PER SAME VOLUME.
    And fat doesn't turn into muscle. Not possible.
  • stargirl85
    stargirl85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ive heard the same as keera regarding muscle and fat. Some people are classed as overweight when in fact they are quick muscly.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    stargirl85 wrote: »
    Ive heard the same as keera regarding muscle and fat. Some people are classed as overweight when in fact they are quick muscly.

Well it's wrong.
    You can not turn muscle into fat. It doesn't work like that.

And you're talking about BMI which is a ratio of height and weight.
    If you have a higher lean mass than average plus your fat stores putting you at a healthy body fat percentage, you could still be classified as overweight with BMI.
    I'm 5'7", 154#, size 2-4 due to my muscle mass and I'm 6 pounds away from being classified as overweight.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Muscle is denser that fat. Muscle takes up less space than fat. That is a medical fact. If that weren't true then I wouldn't have family members who are physically bigger than me thought they weigh less. Seriously I have family members who are 30lbs lighter than me who are bigger than me.

Muscle also uses more energy to maintain than fat so gaining muscle is a good thing to do. As long as your clothing size is going down I wouldn't worry. You are on the right track. And because you are gaining muscle your metabolism will go up. So eventually it will even its self out.
  • keera123
    keera123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can say Im wrong everyone is entitled to there opinions although I have been told this from personal trainers and medical professionals.