Where's my fellow Mud Runners!

Options
Where's my friends that get down and dirty in the mud runs, especially the Tough Mudders and Spartan Races. How do you train, what works for you, also is it not the best tasting beer ever afterwards!

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Does a Warrior Dash count (I certainly got muddy)? If so... HERE!

As to training - for me it's a heavy focus on running with some squats, pushups, situps tossed in (and some other body weight exercises too).
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I have an addiction to mud runs! My overall training with my PT is what gets me through the race, placing top in my age group! Yes, no matter the flavor, the beer was the best...too bad I don't drink anymore. :#
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I ran one tough mudder (wasn't my cup of tea really), but I've got several Spartans under my belt. I also run a small, local 5k race near me every year. And then there's GORUCK.

I do trail runs, lift weights, and do some race specific training (burpees, monkey bars, rope climbs, etc.).
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I love mud runs! Just did one on Saturday. I want to do the tough mudder, but I need to prepare more. I'm a short distance runner. I'm signed up for 3 more mud runs this summer, all 5ks, and my goal is to improve my time. I train with lots of mixed cardio, running, burpees, kickboxing, and then work in squats, push ups, crunches, situps, and lifting. Now I'm going to add in some kettle bell workouts, I've heard they're really good for this kind of thing.