Can you recommend a healthy yet yummy salad dressing?

Options
tusher2011
tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
I am NOT a salad eater. The few times I do eat them, I like creamy italian dressing. Obviously, I want to stay away from creamy. So besides lite italian, is there a another dressing you guys eat that you would recommend. Salad is on the menu for tonight and I'm getting ready to run to the store in a few. I have had ceaser, peppercorn, raspberry vinagretts in the past and liked them.

Do the totally fat free ones even taste good????

Replies

• inchik
    inchik Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i like olive oil and balsamic vinegar
  • Sc4ever
    Sc4ever Posts: 33
    Options
    Kens makes some good dressings I like Raspberry Pecan and Oil and Vinegar
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms makes decent tasting calorie free dressings...yes ZERO calories. =-) They're acutally pretty good.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I like wishbone fat free chunk blue cheese. 35 calories for 2 tbls, I mix it with hot sauce to stretch it across a big salad for 0 added calories :)
  • newsarahd
    newsarahd Posts: 15
    Options
    Any of Ken's light options are great!!
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just found Kraft Light Asian Toasted Sesame 50cals per serving! I tis very yummy, I love it on broccoli slaw!
  • ddwin
    ddwin Posts: 78
    Options
    Marie's Yogurt Ranch Dressing!!! Yummy! and half the fat and calories of regular ranch.
  • hclayton46
    hclayton46 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I looove the Kraft Light Raspberry vinaigrette. I think it has about 45 cals per 2 tablespoons. I'm a huge ranch fan, but I love this stuff.
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    Paul Newman's Light Honey Mustard
    Bolthouse Farms - Raspberry Vinagrete Olive Oil dressing
  • SouthernAngel
    Options
    Farmer Boy Greek Dressing. Heaven in a bottle. I put it on chicken, salad, and dip my veggies in it. SOOOO good! I buy it at Publix, but they only have it every few months. Not sure where else they sell it.
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    for a salad dressing that isnt full of preservatives and other gross chemicals: http://www.marzetti.com/products/marzetti/product.php?bc=45&cid=

very delicious too
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    home made blue cheese with low fat sour cream, worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, pepper, garlic, can throw in a bit of blue cheese crumblies if you wish :)
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    A squeeze of fresh lemon or lime?
  • MeganJo
    MeganJo Posts: 69
    Options
    Mix together some lime juice & cilantro. Toss it on a salad with bell peppers, onion, tomatoes & chicken/steak. It's awesome =]
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    Ken's "light options" balsamic vinegar is YUMMY. hubby loves their parmesan peppercorn, and he's mr anti-salad. Any of the flavors in that line are yummmmm-o. :o)
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Kens Light Options are really good, my favorite are the parmesan peppercorn and the vidalia onion. Yogurt dressings in the refrigerated section are good too... My fave is Bolthouse Farms Ranch! :)
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I use Hannah's Tzakiki sauce (25 cals a tablespoon) sometimes with hot sauce mixed in. You definately get that creaminess that a lot of people look for in a salad dressing.

Also, I mix 2% Fage greek yogurt with some ranch (powder) mix for my salads. That comes out to around 15-16 calories a tablespoon.

I don't even miss regular salad dressing!
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You can use Salsa or even mix salsa and Avocado for a delicious guac..
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms makes yogurt based salad dressings .. they are yummy and 60 cal for 2 TBS (in refridge section next to fruit etc) also trader joes has a reduced fat ranch parmesean for 30 cal for 2TBS... yumm yumm...
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Balsamic vinegar and citrus juice (equal parts of both), my favorite is either orange or lemon. I just use half the fruit, I think it's about 1-2 tbls or so depending on how juicy of a fruit you get.