Back at it again! Lifestyle change instead of dieting from here on out.

Options
bodyrep
bodyrep Posts: 14 Member
Hello! Im your average male who has passed my 40's and finding myself getting waybout of shape. Was successfull using myfitnesspal about 2
Years ago loosing 50 plus pounds but put it back on. Today im not dieting but making a life style change and my eating habits will have to change not to loose weight but to get healthy and stay healthy. Im a Captain, running boats in the oil fields along the Gulf Coast and on my
off time I run fishing charters off the Alabama Gulf Coast. Looking for friendly support and healthy tips!

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Good luck, youve done it before, so you cna do it again. You should also be thinking about what happens when you get to target.
  • patthecatt
    patthecatt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, trying again! Good luck!
  • Tmdesir
    Tmdesir Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I lost almost 50 lbs using my fitness pal about 3 years ago, had a 3rd baby and put it all back on. I've been back a few times since but never really committed. Feel free to add me. I'm back AGAIN and this time it is a lifestyle change.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Lifestyle changes are the only way to be truly successful in the long term. We're not on diets; we've changed the way we live!
  • bikinisumday
    bikinisumday Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have lost almost 60 and have not been watching my calories lately gained 7 back. I want to loose 40 more Burt the weight is harder to come off now. I remember how good I felt and looked ,and that is going to get me back on track again. Good luck you can do it:)
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes its not a diet but a lifestyle change I tell that to people all the time when they ask me how my diet is going ...I have had so much success since changing the way I think about eating my body is a machine that needs to have fuel to preform well I focus on eating clean and exercising most days of the week
  • SSwaby915
    SSwaby915 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I too have been on this roller coaster before and realize that the only way to get right and tight is to make it a lifestyle change! I'm new to MFP but have found it extremely helpful in my journey. I've found that by seeing what I put in I can make better choices and/or substitutions. My work schedule is crazy (3:30 pm to 12:00am) so I have to be real careful as to how I plan what I'm going to eat and at what time during the day. I'm half way at my goal but like to continue past it and maintain when all is said and done! Glad to have friends on this journey. Makes it not so lonely. B)
  • Gaynor_Lee27
    Gaynor_Lee27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, same here. I lost almost 4 stone in 2011/2012 but a few health problems and I just fell back into bad habits and gained most of it back.
    I know I can do it...I just need others who are facing the same journey to kick my butt when I need it and help keep me motivated.
    Best of luck x
  • lucycasella
    lucycasella Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is a lifestyle change I have lost 50 lbs over the past year determined to lose another 12 than have to learn to maintain. It can be hard at times but you have ti believe in yourself and have a certain mindset. I have two images in my head the one of the way I was at my goal weight and the one of me at my heaviest. Good luck
  • tmgibson
    tmgibson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am also back at it again. Was also successful about 2 years ago changing some habits but I allowed life changes take me back into some bad habits. Started eating better, not the best still but much more clean once again. This is a journey and I'm glad there are fellow Fitnesspals to share with. Thank you for sharing and have fun with your journey.
  • slassi37
    slassi37 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm back also, and need a lot of support,, how do I add everyone?