I'm determined to lose 15- 20lbs in 30 days

Options
I have a gown to fit into!!! Lol My boyfriend is VERY physically fit! When we met a year ago so was I.
Stopping a medication was all it took for me to put on almost 30lbs.

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    That does not seem healthy or realistic.
  • StaceyCakes2015
    StaceyCakes2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Being a size 00 is probably not so healthy! I agree! But I'd really like to get back into a size 6. That's what my goal is.
    Tell me why you think it's not realistic?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    That does not seem healthy or realistic.

+1

OP, choose a more realistic goal and buy a dress that fits.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Being a size 00 is probably not so healthy! I agree! But I'd really like to get back into a size 6. That's what my goal is.

To lose 20 lbs in 30 days? When you are trying to lose how much total - 35 lbs? No, that's not at all realistic. In order to lose 1 lb you need to create a deficit of 3,500 calories. To lose 20 lbs you need a deficit of 70,000 cals. How exactly are you going to create that deficit in a month?

Do I think getting into a size 6 is realistic for you? Possibly, probably. I don't know what your current stats are. But what is not realistic is doing it in 30 days.

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    with 30 pounds to lose, losing 1 pound a WEEK is a more realistic goal.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    15-20 lbs in 30 days is not a realistic goal. I agree, I'd shoot for one lb per week until you get down to the last 10 or so lbs, and then switch to a half lb per week.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    All of the above, and perhaps a double layer of spanks. (Did you see Tina Fey on Letterman? She had about 6 layers!)
  • StaceyCakes2015
    Options
    I appreciate your advice.
    I guess I have A lot to learn, what would you recommend? I'm squeezing into a size 10 right now, I tend to gain very evenly everywhere from my arms to my legs, nothing misapportioned

To lose 20 lbs in 30 days? When you are trying to lose how much total - 35 lbs? No, that's not at all realistic. In order to lose 1 lb you need to create a deficit of 3,500 calories. To lose 20 lbs you need a deficit of 70,000 cals. How exactly are you going to create that deficit in a month?

Do I think getting into a size 6 is realistic for you? Possibly, probably. I don't know what your current stats are. But what is not realistic is doing it in 30 days.

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I have a gown to fit into!!! Lol My boyfriend is VERY physically fit! When we met a year ago so was I.
    Stopping a medication was all it took for me to put on almost 30lbs.

Ya, not to be a debbie downer, but that's not going to happen.

• FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    In 4 weeks you should only expect to lose between 2-8lbs to lose the weight in a healthy manner. Just try to maintain this month and buy a dress that fits so you don't pass out at your wedding.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    It isnt suggested to lose weight that fast as even if you were successful- you would most likely gain it back and then some. You may lose 3-5 pounds your first week on a weight loss plan but then it generally slows down. I would suggest you dont punish yourself. Try to lose weight and buy a dress that fits
  • StaceyCakes2015
    Options
    Thank you! It was really just an uneducated decision. It's not my wedding so that softens the blow of having to buy another dress!
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It was really just an uneducated decision. It's not my wedding so that softens the blow of having to buy another dress!

Ah! Glad its not your wedding, there are a lot of the shredding for the wedding posts on here. Just buy something that you can feel pretty and confident in and try to slowly lose the weight in a healthy way.
  • kyleh206
    kyleh206 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

You don't need to be burn 3500 calories for one pound. That's a myth.

Anyway, I have lost 18 in a month, but I needed to loose more than you did so it was easier on me.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    just eat within your calories and workout everyday. I am sure you will be happy with the results no matter how much you end up losing in 30 days
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    In 30 days (4 weeks ish) you should be aiming to lose that much in 3-4lbs total ( about 1lb/week).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ain't gonna happen.
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    All you can do is try your best :smile:

I lost 12 lbs in a month when I did Whole30 + 1.8 lbs the following week (I only focused on the food part, this was without exercising).

Eat well, workout, do your best, see what happens! Good luck :)
  • tiagayepfa
    tiagayepfa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Outside of a doctor's supervision, 2lbs a week is a healthy goal. To lose 30lbs in a month would not be healthy and could set you up for binge eating, only to gain all or more back.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    tiagayepfa wrote: »
    Outside of a doctor's supervision, 2lbs a week is a healthy goal. To lose 30lbs in a month would not be healthy and could set you up for binge eating, only to gain all or more back.
    2lb/week is only a healthy goal if you have a lot to lose or have a high BF%, not for most people, esp if you only have 30 lbs to lose.