Ezekiel 4:9 Bread

Options
NancMoss
NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
Have you had this bread if so do you recommended??

Replies

• cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love it.
  • NH_1970
    NH_1970 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Yea I like the sesame. I keep it in the freezer and take it out when I want a piece and toast it for a lil bit.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I have had it. It is chewy and heavy. I like it toasted the best....but I think it's really high priced...here it's almost $7 a loaf.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I want to try it, have heard wonders from it . but 7 the loaf?! Lol °_° hashtag -OutOfMyBudget
  • NancMoss
    Options
    Ok.. I have to ask is it really $7?? Wow.

I wish you guys were my neighbors. In my store is only 3 which is on a navy base. I definitely would share it.

But I cant wait to taste it tho!
  • MsJoisey
    MsJoisey Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like bread and their English muffins

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Yummy. Love it.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is great. Toasted is fab.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I like it but seldom eat it because of the cost. When eating it regularly I didn't notice any health benefits so stopped buying it.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    "sprouted grain bread". That means that the grains are on their way to being malted but not quite (sprouting is 1 day long soak vs. 4-5 day soaks for malt).
    The sprouted grains don't develop the large quantity of enzymes that malt does (diastatic power).

If this bread is too expensive for you, you can buy malt (literally dozens of varieties of malted wheat, barley, rye, oats, millet etc. etc.) from any homebrew shop, grind it up, add it to flour of your own choice and make your own bread.

• ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I've tried 2 varieties - the low sodium and (?). I liked them both: they taste like bread. Good texture. Good, strong structure. Nice crust.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    My kids prefer soft breads, like white bread or potato bread. And Ezekiel bread is really expensive here anyway. So I'd be paying a premium price for a bread my kids would hate. So no, I dont buy it.

I have had it at a friend's home. Its best toasted.
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I definitely like it! It's helped me to get control over my high carb/sugar intake. It tastes just like regular bread too. My favorite is the cinnamon raisin English muffins with fat free cream cheese! So yummy! Feels like I'm cheating, yet I know I'm not.
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Seeing all the YAAAAAAS replies in here, I don't think you need mine... but Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin and Sesame 4EVER! B)
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It is super yummy!
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    This is the only bread I eat (with few exceptions). I use the Sesame (toasted) to make sandwiches, but the Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Muffins (or bread if they don't have muffins) are a staple in my freezer. I toast them and spread 1 TBSP of natural peanut butter on them for a quick snack (usually late night before bed). Yes they are much more expensive than normal bread, but a package of muffins will last me a whole week (I usually have 1 a day) so to me it's worth it.
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    It keeps me full way longer than regular bread. I actually found a similar bread at the local bakery that I buy but it's the same concept--higher fiber, sprouted, etc. I also love wasa whole grain crisp bread (which is more like a very hearty cracker). If I am going to eat bread and crackers they need to be high in fiber, seeds, whole grains to keep me full. Refined carbs stimulate my appetite so I try to avoid them.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    NancMoss wrote: »
    Ok.. I have to ask is it really $7?? Wow.

I wish you guys were my neighbors. In my store is only 3 which is on a navy base. I definitely would share it.

But I cant wait to taste it tho!

It's $8 where I am. Still buy it though because it agrees with my hypoglycemia :smiley:
  • NancMoss
    Options
    I actually went and bought it! I got the Ezekiel flax and so good and so so healthy. Thankfully its only $3 here in Oak Harbor Wa.