Ezekiel 4:9 Bread

Options
2»

Replies

• NancMoss
    NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    sm4astan wrote: »
    This is the only bread I eat (with few exceptions). I use the Sesame (toasted) to make sandwiches, but the Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Muffins (or bread if they don't have muffins) are a staple in my freezer. I toast them and spread 1 TBSP of natural peanut butter on them for a quick snack (usually late night before bed). Yes they are much more expensive than normal bread, but a package of muffins will last me a whole week (I usually have 1 a day) so to me it's worth it.

• NancMoss
    NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    NancMoss wrote: »
    This is the only bread I eat (with few exceptions). I use the Sesame (toasted) to make sandwiches, but the Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Muffins (or bread if they don't have muffins) are a staple in my freezer. I toast them and spread 1 TBSP of natural peanut butter on them for a quick snack (usually late night before bed). Yes they are much more expensive than normal bread, but a package of muffins will last me a whole week (I usually have 1 a day) so to me it's worth it.

I need to try that cinnamon raisin. Sounds delic.
  • unlikelyathlete
    unlikelyathlete Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Love it!! Has some protein in it and also a good source of fiber. Eating white bread never tasted this good!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I like it a lot. It really sticks with you.

I've also been enjoying the Dave's Killer Breads, and those tend to be a bit cheaper.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I saw Costco carries it. I may have to try a loaf (or 10...not sure how many you get in a Costco package)
  • octhawk
    octhawk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like their raisin bread, but goes bad somewhat quickly if you are the only one eating it.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    I have some in my fridge now and like it -- Trader Joe's also sells a line of sprouted bread that is similar. I was told in a class with a triathlete trainer that you should only eat sprouted bread. I can do that at home but at work, etc. I end up with what's available.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    How many calories a slice is this bread. How does it taste. If its low calorie and really tastes good I would definitely spend the $7.00 and keep it frozen. For the amount of bread I eat it would be worth it. New to the U.S. and haven't found any bread here that does not taste like cardboard.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    NancMoss wrote: »
    Have you had this bread if so do you recommended??

Best store bought bread available, imho.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    octhawk wrote: »
    I like their raisin bread, but goes bad somewhat quickly if you are the only one eating it.

Do you keep it frozen? It's sold here in the frozen food section, so I keep it in the freezer and thaw out what I need as I eat it.

Debmal77 wrote: »
    How many calories a slice is this bread. How does it taste. If its low calorie and really tastes good I would definitely spend the $7.00 and keep it frozen. For the amount of bread I eat it would be worth it. New to the U.S. and haven't found any bread here that does not taste like cardboard.

Sprouted Grain Sesame Bread - 2 slices has 160 calories, 28g carbs, 1g fat, and 8g protein.

Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin - 1 muffin has 160 calories, 36g carbs, 2g fat, and 6g protein.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    octhawk wrote: »

Do you keep it frozen? It's sold here in the frozen food section, so I keep it in the freezer and thaw out what I need as I eat it.

Debmal77 wrote: »

Sprouted Grain Sesame Bread - 2 slices has 160 calories, 28g carbs, 1g fat, and 8g protein.

Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin - 1 muffin has 160 calories, 36g carbs, 2g fat, and 6g protein.

Thank you for the info! :)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    I saw Costco carries it. I may have to try a loaf (or 10...not sure how many you get in a Costco package)

I picked some up at Costco yesterday. 2 loaves for $7. I tried some as toast. Love the texture but it really doesn't have any flavor.

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Got a new loaf last night. 3.49$

I like Eureka - Seeds The Day too.

Nothing like a good BLT on toast with the smell of toast in the air ! And fresh coffee!

Yum!!

It is breakfast time here
    Ha!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Best stuff out there. Low in carbs and calories, makes more a low calorie snack with high nutrients.