I'm determined to lose 15- 20lbs in 30 days

Options
2»

Replies

• sophtobethin
    sophtobethin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If your looking for a quick result Google chemical breakdown diet good luck xx
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    kyleh206 wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Being a size 00 is probably not so healthy! I agree! But I'd really like to get back into a size 6. That's what my goal is.
    Tell me why you think it's not realistic?

To lose 20 lbs in 30 days? When you are trying to lose how much total - 35 lbs? No, that's not at all realistic. In order to lose 1 lb you need to create a deficit of 3,500 calories. To lose 20 lbs you need a deficit of 70,000 cals. How exactly are you going to create that deficit in a month?

Do I think getting into a size 6 is realistic for you? Possibly, probably. I don't know what your current stats are. But what is not realistic is doing it in 30 days.

You don't need to be burn 3500 calories for one pound. That's a myth.

Anyway, I have lost 18 in a month, but I needed to loose more than you did so it was easier on me.

PLEASE explain why 3500 is a myth! I really want to know how you came to that conclusion!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

wut???
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Being a size 00 is probably not so healthy! I agree! But I'd really like to get back into a size 6. That's what my goal is.

To lose 20 lbs in 30 days? When you are trying to lose how much total - 35 lbs? No, that's not at all realistic. In order to lose 1 lb you need to create a deficit of 3,500 calories. To lose 20 lbs you need a deficit of 70,000 cals. How exactly are you going to create that deficit in a month?

Do I think getting into a size 6 is realistic for you? Possibly, probably. I don't know what your current stats are. But what is not realistic is doing it in 30 days.

Anyway, I have lost 18 in a month, but I needed to loose more than you did so it was easier on me.

really? Are you on a different math system then the rest of us?

I would be interested in some peer reviewed literature stating 3500 is a myth.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

OP ignore this. It's NOT a myth.

And if you lost 18 in a month, some of it was likely water weight.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Please provide peer reviewed studies that refute the widely accepted number that 3500 cals is the equivalent of one lb of fat. Losing 18 lbs in a month would likely include fat, as well as a large chunk of water weight.

• WinoGelato
    Options
    I appreciate your advice.
    I guess I have A lot to learn, what would you recommend? I'm squeezing into a size 10 right now, I tend to gain very evenly everywhere from my arms to my legs, nothing misapportioned

My advice?

For starters, I would read the stickies at the top of the Getting Started forum, especially these two:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I would put all your stats into MFP and set it to lose 1 lb/ week. I would eat the food you like, and not look for any fad, restrictive diets.

I would do some exercise, whatever you like, but some circuit training may give you some small, visible results in the time frame you are looking at with relatively low risk of injury.

I would go to the wedding and enjoy myself and not worry about how I look in the dress, because the day isn't about me (since you said this isn't your wedding).

Good luck!

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I guess I have A lot to learn, what would you recommend? I'm squeezing into a size 10 right now, I tend to gain very evenly everywhere from my arms to my legs, nothing misapportioned

My advice?

For starters, I would read the stickies at the top of the Getting Started forum, especially these two:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I would put all your stats into MFP and set it to lose 1 lb/ week. I would eat the food you like, and not look for any fad, restrictive diets.

I would do some exercise, whatever you like, but some circuit training may give you some small, visible results in the time frame you are looking at with relatively low risk of injury.

I would go to the wedding and enjoy myself and not worry about how I look in the dress, because the day isn't about me (since you said this isn't your wedding).

Good luck!

^All of this is really great advice.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

My advice?

Good luck!

^All of this is really great advice.

:* (flower for you)

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I have a gown to fit into!!! Lol My boyfriend is VERY physically fit! When we met a year ago so was I.
    Stopping a medication was all it took for me to put on almost 30lbs.

15 pounds would be realistic if you had (say) 100+pounds to lose.

Don't obsess about the number on the scale, just eat at a moderate deficit and exercise.

Inches count for every bit as much as pounds. Add strength training. This will help with the inches. If you are very out of shape now, you could very well lose several inches.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Um no - apparently you didn't read the part where MFP users aren't supposed to encourage unhealthy, very low calorie diets.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    There are people that can somewhat safely lose 15 pounds in a month. If that profile picture is you, you are not one of them. At best you'll give up midway through, at worse you'll end up somewhere in hospital with a large loss of lean muscle that will only take you further from any long term goal you have for weight loss.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    kyle wrote:
    Strange that both my dietician and doctor (endocrinologist specializing in weight issues) use that formula.
    Maybe those highly-educated health care professionals need to be shown whatever current research you've read
    to come to your opinion. Share it with us, please. Links to the studies which have been published are preferred.
    I like PubMed. (You've used it yourself, I'm sure.)
  • StaceyCakes2015
    StaceyCakes2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I thank you all for your advice. I'm not a particularly vein person, just trying to get back to what I was only 3-4 months ago. My plan is to just work hard, stay committed and hope for the best.
    The 30-40lb gain was due to stopping a seizure medication. I guess it's side effects had a way of controlling my weight.
    As confusing as it all is to me, I can only do what I'm able to do within the timeframe I have.
  • Rax1974
    Rax1974 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I lost 14lbs in just over two weeks so it is possible but I am a guy, not horribly overwieght but just started. Due to my poor eating habits almost all of that was water weight. It is slowing way down now which is normal.