This absolutely sucks.

Options
It's been around one and a half weeks and I've only lost around like 0.7 pounds? I eat around 1300-1500 calories everyday and I'm currently 150lbs. Aren't I supposed to lose more? Does anyone have any tips for losing weight faster and maintaining that weight? My weight's gone up and down over the last few years and I just want to get healthy again.

Replies

• espressoself
    espressoself Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what types of foods are you eating? how much do you exercise?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Depends on your stats and how accurately you're logging.

More information is needed, really.
    How tall are you? Are you exercising? Are you weighing your food on a food scale?
  • LolaKarwowski
    LolaKarwowski Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    That's actually pretty good. People who lose weight really fast normally gain it back just as fast. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    One and a half weeks isn't nearly long enough to notice a difference, sorry. Patience is the key here. Along with consistency and accuracy.

No need to lose quickly. Just get on a long-term sustainable plan. You'll be much happier in the long run.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Food scale
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It's a marathon, not a sprint. I've used MFP on and off and when I really stick with it, weigh everything I eat, and stick to a calorie deficit 6 days out of 7, I do see results. One and a half weeks is like, nothing. You gotta give it more time to see any results.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    You're only 150? How tall are you and what's your goal weight? The closer you get to goal, the slower your body loses. At 150, even if you're fairly short, .5 lbs a week is likely a healthy and normal loss.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

neither of these things matter.

CICO and exercise is not required for weight loss...only a calorie deficit.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    It's been around one and a half weeks and I've only lost around like 0.7 pounds? I eat around 1300-1500 calories everyday and I'm currently 150lbs. Aren't I supposed to lose more? Does anyone have any tips for losing weight faster and maintaining that weight? My weight's gone up and down over the last few years and I just want to get healthy again.

Really? Your profile says you're only 18 years old...
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    The first time I started using MFP, it took me 6 months - SIX MONTHS - to lose 11 measly lbs. But people noticed, and I felt great. I got lazy and quit counting calories, and I gained the weight back +7 within about 4 months. Pretty sad, huh? But it made me realize this health stuff really is a lifestyle change and if you want it bad enough you have to keep working at it. I'm back, and I'm down like 3 lb so still 4 lb over my original starting point - but even though I'm terribly frustrated, I know if I stay on track I will be happier and healthier and the weight loss will slowly continue.
    Be the tortoise, because remember, the hare isn't the one who wins in the end.
  • espressoself
    espressoself Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

neither of these things matter.

CICO and exercise is not required for weight loss...only a calorie deficit.

Ok, I'll give you that.. the professor who went on that Twinkie diet at a deficit certainly did lose weight. But a person eating 90% calories from sugar/processed food that never exercises is clearly going to change their body composition/weight differently than a person eating a good distribution of whole foods/generally healthy things and exercises regularly. You put on more muscle mass if you exercise regularly, which increases your metabolism, which does affect your body composition, etc etc.

OP should also note weight =/= body composition =/= the ultimate measure of your health. As others have mentioned, you're losing at a good pace - fast is not always better. Best of luck.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Less than 2 weeks and you've lost. Seems okay to me.
  • graytuxedos
    graytuxedos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses!

Yeah, I know that it's considered to be a good weight loss for this short amount of time. I'm 5'2'' btw. The thing is, my parents expect me to lose like two pounds a week. I try to eat healthy, food scale and all, the whole food pyramid taken into consideration. Vegetables and fruits and my type of thing and I've cut down my portion size a lot recently. I exercise almost daily, save maybe one or two days.

My parents just expect me to lose a lot more and they complain every single day that I never do enough exercise when I actually do try.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Eat less; exercise more.
  • Pie319
    Pie319 Posts: 129 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    your parents sound like ***holes. just do what's right for you.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Yeah, I know that it's considered to be a good weight loss for this short amount of time. I'm 5'2'' btw. The thing is, my parents expect me to lose like two pounds a week. I try to eat healthy, food scale and all, the whole food pyramid taken into consideration. Vegetables and fruits and my type of thing and I've cut down my portion size a lot recently. I exercise almost daily, save maybe one or two days.

My parents just expect me to lose a lot more and they complain every single day that I never do enough exercise when I actually do try.

Try your hardest to tune them out, it's your body, not theirs.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

How old are you?
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your parents need to do some research.

Also use a food scale - they're cheap and they help soooo much.

That being said so much affects the number on the scale - I can literally vary more than 5 lbs in a day, no problem. One morning I'll weigh 141.2 and then the next morning under the exact same conditions I'll weigh 148.6.... sometimes I will actually feel much thinner on the heavier day too, especially if I lifted the day before. The weight on the scale will eventually show loss in the long run, but in the short term it can be fickle.