Help I'm looking for an App for cycling??

Options
I would like to use an app on my iPhone to track my cycling, I don't need one that gives me access to flow charts & graphs on my rides, I simply want to be able to sync with MFP to earn some extra calories! I have a fitbit one and use that for step tracking so the cycling app could link to fitbit or MFP I suppose. Any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks

Replies

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Strava is popular with cyclists around the world, links to MFP.
  • fbinsc
    fbinsc Posts: 735 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Map my ride/run/fitness and endomondo are both owned by under armor which owns myfitnesspal i'd expect essy integration with these even when updates and new features roll out in the future. I use map my run and like it, but I go the other way and just use MFP to input calories into it

Edit: if you go with map my fitness just get one of the apps, they are all the same except in the timing of voice cues. Map my run updates every mile so I use it for cycling and running.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Strava, Endomondo, Runkeeper.

Personally I don't rate either Runtastic or MapMyFitness, but others like them.
  • smabus51
    smabus51 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use RunKeeper and it integrates seamlessly.
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper
  • panchango
    panchango Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like runkeeper. I used Strava and got annoyed at the KOM alerts.
  • red_90
    red_90 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have strava and endomondo - endomondo usually as it just works for running, dog walking, cycling
  • JessNelson_
    JessNelson_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i love Strava! Its great for motivation since it has segments and i love the KOM and QOM status' so it gives you something to reach for!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I like Mapmyfitness...that way I can use it for all my workouts...walking/running/biking etc. Syncs with my jawbone and MFP.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there is anything better than Strava.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    i love Strava! Its great for motivation since it has segments and i love the KOM and QOM status' so it gives you something to reach for!!

Indeed. My son and his friend are competitive cyclists both bent on KOM domination.

I also like Strava because it's a central place for all my running and riding both now and before I got my Garmin run watch / cycle device. While I use the Garmin Connect app all the time, it's Strava I head to for comparisons and progress tracking.

• starseedxo
    starseedxo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If your ride is not on Strava, it didn't happen. :p
  • lemonaid7
    lemonaid7 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I download a few and went with Strava, it was the easiest to figure out and sync up to MFP.
  • rach_owen
    rach_owen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Strava every time...I wasn't competitive until my colleague persuaded me to buy a road bike and download strava. We now compete to beat each other's segment times
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    lemonaid7 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, I download a few and went with Strava, it was the easiest to figure out and sync up to MFP.

Great choice.

Also, there is an Strava group on MFP. You can get added to the MFP Strava club as well.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/15535-mfp-strava-cycling-club