Lunch for on the go!!

Options
CurvyTeena
CurvyTeena Posts: 8 Member
edited June 2015 in Recipes
Hello
Just looking to get some more ideas of what to eat. If it requires heating I've been hauling butt to a gas station to use a microwave lol. Lately I've made stuffed peppers and turkey meatloaf with quinoa. Need something for next week to make. Any ideas??

Replies

• 503ecc
    503ecc Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hola
  • CurvyTeena
    Options
    503ecc wrote: »
    Hola

Lol sorry new to this! Didn't realize it didn't put my question lol
  • reepierce86
    reepierce86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! When Im on the go i like to pack things like turkey sandwiches, tuna and maybe fruit. Its hard to have a really good meal on the go because it has to be heated. But making your own subway sandwich might be an idea
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    This week I've been having 3 ounces of shrimp, mixed greens, black beans, avocado, chipotle hot sauce, mixed with a laughing cow cheese. Along with cottage cheese, blueberries, and strawberries. Last week I did the same salad but with fage greek yogurt mixed with PB2. Looking for something new for next week too.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    tuna pouches. They dont have any water in them so they arent messy. Add that to bread with Siracha sauce or to a salad, or can of vegetables if you dont care about sodium?
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Quiche can be eaten hot or cold ...
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Pasta salad with a vinegar based dressing is good at room temp.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    bananas , pitas, wraps,thermos of soup,bean salad
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of spinach. Also tuna. Hummas and crackers. Chilli.

I worked for a couple of years somewhere I had no fridge or microwave access. I'm also a full time student where I have no fridge access at school and microwave lineups can be an hour long over lunch. I've become pretty good at making meals that require no refridgeration or heating.
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I pack my lunch nearly every day. Banana, apple, orange, pear, string cheese. Sometimes a snack bag of popcorn. Hard boiled egg.
  • FemmeAndi
    FemmeAndi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Chicken Waldorf Salad (Shaun Ts meal plan)
    5oz chicken breast
    Half macIntosh apple chopped
    10 grapes
    Tablespoon chopped almonds
    Tblspn of salad dressing (I like the kraft Veg & fruit berry and balsamic. Adds a nice fruity punch to it) and I eat it as a cold chicken salad!
    Packs around 350 calories
  • CurvyTeena
    Options
    WOW thank you everyone!!! Stl figuring the community area out didn't see 10 notifications till now lol!!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    They sell some great pack it, freeze & go type insulated lunch bags. That along with an ice pack & pretty much anything goes!
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    pouches of chicken or tuna works. For Tuna from a can in a container. Greek yogurt, granola bars too.
  • meadowlark42
    meadowlark42 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Check out the bento lunch thread, almost everything there is portable and doesn't need reheating :)
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    for lunch i usually just eat a protein bar, peach, apple, and a babybel. :)
  • leslieprice1102
    leslieprice1102 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The protein bars from Fiber One with fruit. Or a yogurt and a fiber one 90 calorie bar. Freezer pack and a spoon.
  • elandry12
    elandry12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    CurvyTeena wrote: »
    Hello
    Just looking to get some more ideas of what to eat. If it requires heating I've been hauling butt to a gas station to use a microwave lol. Lately I've made stuffed peppers and turkey meatloaf with quinoa. Need something for next week to make. Any ideas??
    The protein bars from Fiber One with fruit. Or a yogurt and a fiber one 90 calorie bar. Freezer pack and a spoon.

• alicengrof
    alicengrof Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you google oh she glows, she had a glow bar that is awesome! I eat in my car every day. I do salads, veggie sticks, sandwiches, rice salads, quinoa pizza bites, yogurt parfait, smoothies.

Also, I sometimes eat a lunch item for breakfast, this morning I had ham soup.