Lunch for on the go!!

CurvyTeena
CurvyTeena Posts: 8 Member
edited June 2015 in Recipes
Hello
Just looking to get some more ideas of what to eat. If it requires heating I've been hauling butt to a gas station to use a microwave lol. Lately I've made stuffed peppers and turkey meatloaf with quinoa. Need something for next week to make. Any ideas??

Replies

• 503ecc
    503ecc Posts: 82 Member
    Hola
  • CurvyTeena
    503ecc wrote: »
    Hola

Lol sorry new to this! Didn't realize it didn't put my question lol
  • reepierce86
    reepierce86 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! When Im on the go i like to pack things like turkey sandwiches, tuna and maybe fruit. Its hard to have a really good meal on the go because it has to be heated. But making your own subway sandwich might be an idea
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    This week I've been having 3 ounces of shrimp, mixed greens, black beans, avocado, chipotle hot sauce, mixed with a laughing cow cheese. Along with cottage cheese, blueberries, and strawberries. Last week I did the same salad but with fage greek yogurt mixed with PB2. Looking for something new for next week too.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    tuna pouches. They dont have any water in them so they arent messy. Add that to bread with Siracha sauce or to a salad, or can of vegetables if you dont care about sodium?
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Quiche can be eaten hot or cold ...
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Pasta salad with a vinegar based dressing is good at room temp.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    bananas , pitas, wraps,thermos of soup,bean salad
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    I eat a lot of spinach. Also tuna. Hummas and crackers. Chilli.

I worked for a couple of years somewhere I had no fridge or microwave access. I'm also a full time student where I have no fridge access at school and microwave lineups can be an hour long over lunch. I've become pretty good at making meals that require no refridgeration or heating.
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    edited June 2015
    I pack my lunch nearly every day. Banana, apple, orange, pear, string cheese. Sometimes a snack bag of popcorn. Hard boiled egg.
  • FemmeAndi
    FemmeAndi Posts: 107 Member
    Chicken Waldorf Salad (Shaun Ts meal plan)
    5oz chicken breast
    Half macIntosh apple chopped
    10 grapes
    Tablespoon chopped almonds
    Tblspn of salad dressing (I like the kraft Veg & fruit berry and balsamic. Adds a nice fruity punch to it) and I eat it as a cold chicken salad!
    Packs around 350 calories
  • CurvyTeena
    WOW thank you everyone!!! Stl figuring the community area out didn't see 10 notifications till now lol!!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 429 Member
    They sell some great pack it, freeze & go type insulated lunch bags. That along with an ice pack & pretty much anything goes!
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    pouches of chicken or tuna works. For Tuna from a can in a container. Greek yogurt, granola bars too.
  • meadowlark42
    meadowlark42 Posts: 23 Member
    Check out the bento lunch thread, almost everything there is portable and doesn't need reheating :)
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    for lunch i usually just eat a protein bar, peach, apple, and a babybel. :)
  • leslieprice1102
    leslieprice1102 Posts: 1 Member
    The protein bars from Fiber One with fruit. Or a yogurt and a fiber one 90 calorie bar. Freezer pack and a spoon.
  • elandry12
    elandry12 Posts: 2 Member
    CurvyTeena wrote: »
    Hello
    Just looking to get some more ideas of what to eat. If it requires heating I've been hauling butt to a gas station to use a microwave lol. Lately I've made stuffed peppers and turkey meatloaf with quinoa. Need something for next week to make. Any ideas??
    The protein bars from Fiber One with fruit. Or a yogurt and a fiber one 90 calorie bar. Freezer pack and a spoon.

• alicengrof
    alicengrof Posts: 1 Member
    If you google oh she glows, she had a glow bar that is awesome! I eat in my car every day. I do salads, veggie sticks, sandwiches, rice salads, quinoa pizza bites, yogurt parfait, smoothies.

Also, I sometimes eat a lunch item for breakfast, this morning I had ham soup.