Options
124»

Replies

• IEatVeg
    IEatVeg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice tea is yummy

I keep Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares on hand. They are individually wrapped. Just buy the smallest package you can find. I eat 1square everyday.

Ooh I've always wanted to try that! There's a local shop that sells loads of yogi tea I'll have to go hunting. Bah I miss Ghiradelli chocolate I love the peppermint bark.
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    chobani has several flavors with chocolate.
    They are amazing.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I switched to 71% cacoa bars, and haven't really regretted it. Seriously, chocolate that is mostly unprocessed cacoa is how chocolate was meant to be experienced. Ghiradelli does a really good job with their intense dark chocolate bars. Green and Blacks are probably the best. And the bulk sections at Sprouts and Whole Foods are your friends. Or at least, they are my friends, because they have some of the best dark chocolate available.

You might want to take it slow, so I would recommend going for Dove's Dark Chocolate Promises. I discovered them while buying lunch at Target (failure to meal plan for the week), and they are divine. They're not as nutritious as the ones I mentioned above, but they are far better for you than milk chocolate. I highly recommend the one with almonds.
  • pattyinet
    pattyinet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whatever you come up with to allow yourself for a daily allotment, make sure it's individually packaged. Easier to stop after one and then as soon as you finish go brush your teeth. I don't like to eat once I've brushed my teeth for the evening. Also, if you do go get some more after you brush your teeth, probably won't taste very good.
  • IEatVeg
    Options
    I switched to 71% cacoa bars, and haven't really regretted it. Seriously, chocolate that is mostly unprocessed cacoa is how chocolate was meant to be experienced. Ghiradelli does a really good job with their intense dark chocolate bars. Green and Blacks are probably the best. And the bulk sections at Sprouts and Whole Foods are your friends. Or at least, they are my friends, because they have some of the best dark chocolate available.

You might want to take it slow, so I would recommend going for Dove's Dark Chocolate Promises. I discovered them while buying lunch at Target (failure to meal plan for the week), and they are divine. They're not as nutritious as the ones I mentioned above, but they are far better for you than milk chocolate. I highly recommend the one with almonds.

I love green and blacks Maya chocolate and Lindt 85% dark chocolate. I love dark chocolate depth of flavour, I'm always looking for really nice dark chocolate! I want to try pana chocolate at some point it looks delicious. X
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yoghurt covered fruit ie raisins. Can almost taste like chocolate...
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    I add Hershey's Cocoa powder to yogurt and raisins. :)
    One can add cocoa powder to other things as well like oatmeal. Even soups.

This! I mix cocoa into Greek yogurt and add 113 grams of fruit and flavorings (orange, extract, vanilla, etc. and sometimes even sprinkle expressso coffee into the yogurt) Also, I have dark chocolate every night; 2 squares of either 85% or 90% cacao. Knowing it's there for me every night keeps me from overeating in one sitting. Milk chocolate is just way too sweet.
  • IEatVeg
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »
    RodaRose wrote: »
    I add Hershey's Cocoa powder to yogurt and raisins. :)
    One can add cocoa powder to other things as well like oatmeal. Even soups.

This! I mix cocoa into Greek yogurt and add 113 grams of fruit and flavorings (orange, extract, vanilla, etc. and sometimes even sprinkle expressso coffee into the yogurt) Also, I have dark chocolate every night; 2 squares of either 85% or 90% cacao. Knowing it's there for me every night keeps me from overeating in one sitting. Milk chocolate is just way too sweet.

:smiley:

• RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the other posts...If you TRULY want to stop eating it, stop buying it. I know sometimes it's hard in the grocery store when you see something delicious (for me, chocolate covered coconut) but that's where will-power comes in. If you truly want something, you'll find a way to make it happen.

good luck! :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I don't know why, but hot coffee with cream curbs a chocolate craving for me. Sometimes I add a squirt of chocolate syrup too.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP it doesn't sound like you are "binging" on chocolate, when you get stressed, you crave it, so there is an emotional connection to it, but if you aren't exceeding your calories then there is nothing wrong with eating chocolate.

Honestly, if it is something you enjoy, I would probably just plan to fit it in my day, rather than waiting for the stress to push you over the edge looking for it. You mentioned you enjoy dark chocolate, a square of that a day would be less than 100 cals and if you know you will eat it, or some other indulgence daily, then maybe you wouldn't associate it so much with stress relief. You could look for an alternate stress relief, like going for a walk, when the time hits. The benefit there is, you'll burn more calories, leaving more room for chocolate!

I know you mentioned this is your first go round with dieting. If you haven't already, read this:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

There is good info in there, especially the links about fitting in all the foods you like.

Many of the most successful people on here eat a primarily nutrient dense, balanced diet, hitting their macro and micro nutrient requirements, and leave room for treats such as chocolate, ice cream, or wine.

• nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 pounds and kept it off since September. Both through my weight loss and maintenance I enjoyed at least one sweet treat a day and 3 glasses of wine a week. Let's be honest, we don't get extra points or a hotter bod because we eat more clean! Ultimately, I wanted to be a healthier and happier version than the 210 pound version of myself. For me that meant losing weight, finding fitness activities I love, and having a flexible diet that allowed myself to enjoy drinking and eating yummy things. I think finding that balance is the key to sustained success. Good luck to you . . . and for the please, enjoy your chocolate!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Have small amounts in moderation. Eat for the long term.

If that doesn't work in this case, cut it out, but beware, you'll probably replace chocolate with something else as that seems to be a pattern here.

Total direction change, instead of replacing with an alternate treat, go for a run instead?
  • IEatVeg
    Options
    Thank you again for all the help and advice you've all given me. All of it will be good for thought over the next few weeks, months and possibly years on my journey to getting towards my goal. Look what I found and zero calories too! :)fr095igh3im8.jpg

Oh and if anyone would like to add me as friend on here it would be awesome. :)