Wasn't planning on posting B&A, but....

Options
dubird
dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
So, here's the story. This is me at my wedding, at 200lbs three years ago (that's my dad, btw, not my husband!):
wedding3_zpsz4hoikxg.jpg
It's a skirt, corset, and jacket because that was the best way to get the look I wanted.

The other day, I was showing the skirt to one of my friends who helped me make it because the chiffon overlay got a run in it and I wanted to know if it was fixable. We got to wondering how it fits now and if it's wearable. The answer?
IMG_20150614_171932504_zpsgoxp4nq6.jpg
No. No it's not. XD

Seriously, I knew I had lost weight and even gone back down to a size 12, but it didn't hit me just how MUCH I had lost until I tried the skirt on. So, yeah. Don't normally post these things, but I was surprised and then very proud of myself for how far I came. ^_^

Replies

• clhobbs09
    clhobbs09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself. Great Job!!!!
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You should be so proud, what a difference! :smiley:
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Be proud

That took determination, focus and work.

Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • mamma_adventure
    mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have every reason to be proud...we'll done
  • herestoslim
    herestoslim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Don't blame you for posting the B&A! You look wonderful.
  • barefootbluejeans8
    barefootbluejeans8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is amazing way to go! Makes me wanna go try mine on!!!
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dress BTW, I love that it's not a cookie cutter. Definitely shows your personality. You should tailor the outfit and redo the wedding photoshoot, if you had one. Thanks for the inspiration
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Great job! What an amazing feeling :)
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • MrsGreenTea703
    MrsGreenTea703 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation!!! Very inspiring! I know you're proud!
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Dear Lord that is such a difference and I would be proud of myself too.

Well done honey, sorry that you can't fix your skirt but maybe you could get a tailor/dressmaker to have a look at how the skirt could be used/changed in other ways. Beautiful gown by the way and your Dad looks very dapper in his dress uniform.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Fantastic
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. ^_^ Like I said, I normally don't post stuff like that, but it was a serious suprise to see visually how much I lost and I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. Even though I did backslide last year. *ahem*

sophomorelove: it's based on a drawing an online friend did years ago, but the jacket was my design. I have awesome friends who helped me make it! I thought about redoing the photos, but it wouldn't be the same, you know?

Spreyton22K: One of the ladies who helped make it (one of my bridesmaids) looked and said it can be fixed without a problem. The hole is near a seam, and since we'd have to take it in anyways, should be no problem to fix that. I'll have to get the corset redone though! ^_^; And yes, my Dad looks great in his uniform! He's a retired Navy chief, and always said he didn't want to wear tuxes ever. But both my sister and I wanted him to wear his uniform to our weddings since we're both proud of him and his service, so yeah, not an issue. XD
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!