Tuna and?..

2»

Replies

• cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    5 oz tuna in water, drained. 2 hard boiled eggs. 2 hard boiled egg whites. 2 Tbsp low-fat sour cream. 1/4 tsp paprika. 1 large or 2 small avocado, chunks. Mix all together & serve on flat outs or save on calories and make lettuce wraps. Serves 5 - 1/2cup per serving
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I usually mix in olive oil, mustard and/or mayo, depending on what I'm in the mood for. Sometimes I just mix it with pickled hot peppers and nothing else.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I have a tuna salad recipe that made me fall in love with it all over again. It has hummus and spinach, I believe. Though I will use any dark green leafy thing.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/361132463845702616/
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Tuna sandwiches, tuna noodle casserole, tuna on top of salads, tuna stuffed in an avocado.
  • marynorbeck93
    marynorbeck93 Posts: 26 Member
    Tuna, quinoa and hot sauce is my FAVORITE. So filling and easy too!
  • rachael00679
    rachael00679 Posts: 186 Member
    Straight out of the tin with olives, fetta.. eaten with a torn up pitta bread. So yummy.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    I eat tuna out of the can on crackers. That's all it takes for me!
  • aloakley87
    aloakley87 Posts: 72 Member
    My favorite is grilled ahi tuna with garlic lemon zucchini noodles
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Sounds disgusting, but here it is: One can of tuna, drained. One small can of baby peas, drained. 1-1/4 cups of crushed potato chips, with 1/4 cup reserved for topping. One can of cream of mushroom soup. Mix all but the 1/4 cup of reserved potato chips in a small casserole dish. Top with 1/4 cup of crushed potato chips. Heat in 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. My kids LOVED this!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Tuna & pesto sauce, tuna & Patak's Hot Lime Pickle. Both amazing, one Italian inspired, one Indian inspired.
  • mq90910
    mq90910 Posts: 4 Member
    Tuna brown rice veggie bowl. Chop up some fresh veggies, scallions, tomatoes,peppers, alfalfa, avocado etc and dress with ginger carrot dressing!
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Tuna with a splash of Italian dressing on a sandwich with lettuce and tomato.
    Or mixed with salsa and made into tuna melt quesadilla
    Plain on crackers with avocado is also good.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    I like either tuna with avocado or tuna with a little mayo and some sweet relish.
  • Phoenixlife75
    Phoenixlife75 Posts: 10 Member
    Tuna over fresh locally grown greens, topped with the juice of half a lemon, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of course ground salt & cracked pepper. I love a glass of ice cold milk with mine. Very satisfying lunch.
  • samanthalemus89
    samanthalemus89 Posts: 4 Member
    Are we talking about tuna out of the can? I'm sorry I'm new to this. My meals used to be coffee and chocolate. So now tuna without mayo? And wrapped on lettuce sounds good. But when I looked at tuna I didn't know what to get. What brand. Sorry I am serious I am trying to learn on my own.
  • Peachiko87
    Peachiko87 Posts: 45 Member
    I usually just have tuna with crackers, or if I feel like something more filling, I'll make a nice veggie salad with tomatoes and the tuna basically being the dressing for it. :3 I like to get the Bumble Bee flavored tuna, favorite being lemon pepper!
  • Peachiko87
    Peachiko87 Posts: 45 Member
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    5 oz tuna in water, drained. 2 hard boiled eggs. 2 hard boiled egg whites. 2 Tbsp low-fat sour cream. 1/4 tsp paprika. 1 large or 2 small avocado, chunks. Mix all together & serve on flat outs or save on calories and make lettuce wraps. Serves 5 - 1/2cup per serving

Hi, that actually sounds wonderful! Hadn't thought about using the sour cream, instead of low fat Mayo! :D
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Are we talking about tuna out of the can? I'm sorry I'm new to this. My meals used to be coffee and chocolate. So now tuna without mayo? And wrapped on lettuce sounds good. But when I looked at tuna I didn't know what to get. What brand. Sorry I am serious I am trying to learn on my own.
    It kinda sounds like you're coming from where I started... A lot of these are tuna from the can (most folks use tuna in water rather than "in oil" for lower starting fat/calorie count). For a few $ more you can use tuna in the pouches (dry and some say less messy) -- I've just recently been using the Chicken of the Sea Chunk Light Tuna In Water 50% Less Sodium in cans ( <-- click it, it's linked to the nutrition stuff; I get 4 cans for 5-bucks) As you can see, lots of stuff can be done with this modest food...