Is it true that you look worse before you look better when it comes to fat loss?

I feel like when it comes to fat loss the same "stages" of it repeats themselves? My guess this will continue until you're pretty low in body fat? Anyone that can confirm this or help me understand it a little better?

My stages are like this: I look bad when i start (firm fat), then really bad (muscles deflate and look much smaller), then even worse (so much jiggle and I look fatter than ever like my diet doesn't work), then I look good, then really really good. Then it repeats itself with the jiggle squishy fat and I look fatter. Is this how it works for you guys? I guess everyone's different, but please describe your stages. I'm really curious!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    inyasha23 wrote: »
    I feel like when it comes to fat loss the same "stages" of it repeats themselves? My guess this will continue until you're pretty low in body fat? Anyone that can confirm this or help me understand it a little better?

My stages are like this: I look bad when i start (firm fat), then really bad (muscles deflate and look much smaller), then even worse (so much jiggle and I look fatter than ever like my diet doesn't work), then I look good, then really really good. Then it repeats itself with the jiggle squishy fat and I look fatter. Is this how it works for you guys? I guess everyone's different, but please describe your stages. I'm really curious!

Not that I noticed but people do complain of 'marbles under skin' and squishy fat

Just a couple of points

1) your muscles aren't deflating .. your fat is reducing
    2) the jiggle is fat - see squishy

• runrascal
    runrascal Posts: 53 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Not that I noticed but people do complain of 'marbles under skin' and squishy fat

Just a couple of points

Don't forget the baggy skin - that will firm up in time if you haven't had a humungous weight loss. My bingo wings went empty and now they are shrinking.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    I've never noticed that to be true.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    runrascal wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Just a couple of points

Don't forget the baggy skin - that will firm up in time if you haven't had a humungous weight loss. My bingo wings went empty and now they are shrinking.

*snerk* Bingo wings. I'm so stealing that.
  • harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    I experience this slightly. At my heaviest, my arms and etc were firm and round and smooth, then I lost a some quick weight at the start of tracking and things looked a bit saggy and droopy and worse, then my loss slowed down and things seemed to partly tighten back up. It's probably not dramatic enough for onlookers to notice, but I can see it in myself.