body image issue? Diet or maintain.

Options
2»

Replies

• indoubt
    indoubt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bubaluboo wrote: »
    I could have written a very similar post. I'm 177cm and 65Kg making a bmi of 20.7. Most of my excess fat is carried between my belly button and upper thighs and I'm sure if I took a picture of that region only so if I focus on that area, I think I look fat. I have to say you do look much better than me. My thought is to continue to lose fat until the stubborn chubby bits are gone (as long as it's still in the healthy range) and then concentrate on bulking a little to add muscle. I don't know if that's the best approach and happy to be guided if there's a better way :)

Yes, please do ask here. Looks like we're having the same body issues, though my lower abdomen is not really chubby, and my hips on the side just below the pelvis are actually a bit thinner than that darn piece of bone there. Legs and arms problem here, in my own body image anyway. ;)

But hey, I did find some old photos on my phone from the time I started losing weight. And man, it's a big change! I'm glad I have those photos.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I think you look pretty damn good. I have wide, boxy hip bones that are never going to look the way I'd like, so I understand how you have a hard time looking past them. Good job!
  • viclrstew
    viclrstew Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!! Just keep lifting weights. Congratulations on your tremendous progress!
  • wils5150
    wils5150 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Everyone has areas of there body they don't like. Usually no one else notices them lol, looking at your pics you look very fit and you have a great tummy which is very hard to obtain for some,
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    indoubt wrote: »
    Hmmpf.. looking at those photos again I think I should finally throw out the dead plant that's been standing there for at least half a year... and tidy up the bathroom :*

This made me laugh. Whenever I take pics I'm checking out the background to make sure it's not messy.

I think you look great! I agree with others that say that you just might need to wait for your head to catch up with what is in the mirror. It might also help to take one of those pictures and put it side by side with one of the old pictures you found. I was getting really frustrated about not seeing any change in my face but when I put an old picture next to a current one it became really obvious.
  • genki90
    genki90 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @indoubt tip for thick ankles! (mine are huge.. :sweat_smile: ) Try shoes with the Mary Jane strap, it's the one that goes around your instep instead of going around your ankle. Makes a huge difference! ;)
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    If you think you look bad when you look in the mirror, spend less time in front of the mirror. No one else analyzes every single detail of your body like you do. In fact, the clothes you choose to wear makes a bigger impression on people than how big your pelvis is. If you smile at people, you could look like a deformed toad and people wouldn't notice. They would just think, there's a nice lady.
  • indoubt
    Options
    genki90 wrote: »
    @indoubt tip for thick ankles! (mine are huge.. :sweat_smile: ) Try shoes with the Mary Jane strap, it's the one that goes around your instep instead of going around your ankle. Makes a huge difference! ;)

Hey, I might try that! I do like those kind of shoes actually! Thanks a lot.
  • indoubt
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    Hmmpf.. looking at those photos again I think I should finally throw out the dead plant that's been standing there for at least half a year... and tidy up the bathroom :*

This made me laugh. Whenever I take pics I'm checking out the background to make sure it's not messy.

Well... *cough* spontaneous idea and all... the plant is still there though. Need to find something else to fill up that huge empty space.

Anyway, thanks a lot all :blush: Feels good to hear some opinions. I'm sure my head will eventually catch up.

Btw, with some of the discussions here about women being pear shaped, apples or bananas: what do you think I might be? pearish? Not that it's important, just curious.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You look great, I'm envious of your flat tum :smile: learn to love yourself, you've done great. It does take the mind a long time to catch on that you are indeed now very slim, I know it took me about a year for my head to catch up.
  • indoubt
    Options
    Little update: Yes, I think I am happy with how I look :smile: I need to realize that I cannot change my bone structure (someone hand me a saw please! :wink:). I'm maintaining now, though I still haven't found the right amount of calories at the moment. The usual calculators give me about 1600, but that seems to be too low as I've lost another kilo. I'm upping the calories slowly now.
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Also, I would have guessed mid-twenties based on those pics! Wow! It definitely takes time to adjust to having lost a significant amount of weight. When I first got down to my low weight, it took me a very long time to stop seeing fat that wasn't there - like a couple of years, easy. Just shoot for maintenance and keep lifting, you'll adjust and start seeing what's really there after a while. Good job!!
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Btw, with some of the discussions here about women being pear shaped, apples or bananas: what do you think I might be? pearish? Not that it's important, just curious.

Oh yes, pear for sure, same as me (although I am insanely jealous of your abs :wink:). Fat goes to our thighs first and leaves there last. It's the sad truth but everyone has one body are where the fat comes off last. Bellies are easy, though. You look healthy and amazing! You worked hard! Own and enjoy your victories <3
  • indoubt
    Options
    Thanks guys. <3
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I wasn't expecting to see what looks like a hot 20 year old when I clicked on those pictures.

You have a stunning figure. Really. I would be jealous but I'm too busy admiring you! I don't see the problem with your legs and think they are curvy in all the right places.