Coffee and Weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• aarynisabee
    aarynisabee Posts: 20
    Options
    Coffe is fine. I tried giving it up too (mostly just to see if I could)... it only lasted a day! Just get a calorie free, natural sweetner like Stevia, or Sun Crystals- stay away from the fakes like Sweet and Low, or even Splenda. It also helps to use a Fat Free or Sugar Free coffee creamer. If you do this you can have plenty of coffee for wayyyyy less calories.
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love iced coffee. I make it with Truvia, vanilla extract, and just 1/4 cup of almond milk, runs me about 25 calories and keeps me from snacking on something with a much higher calorie count
  • AreneeS22
    AreneeS22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I cant drink coffee without the cream and sugar yet, but I use way less than I used to and always measure it so it usually ends up being around 100 calories... gradually using less though. Thanks for all your input! Glad I dont have to give up my coffee...Id be one cranky person if I did! lol =)
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I cant drink coffee without the cream and sugar yet, but I use way less than I used to and always measure it so it usually ends up being around 100 calories... gradually using less though. Thanks for all your input! Glad I dont have to give up my coffee...Id be one cranky person if I did! lol =)

Suggestion: Use 1 Teaspoonful of Sugar with Stevia or other no/low calorie sweetener, and your creamer. This is what I do, the sugar makes the Stevia taste just like only sugar was added.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I use fat free half and half and splenda ( I know people knock it but I don't care)
    I don't like coffee in sugar because it doesn't sweeten it and in order for it to taste good I have to use too much.
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options
    So, I absolutely LOVE coffee, but I wonder if maybe I shouldnt be drinking it? I mean, I usually only have a cup or 2 a day, but I've heard some people say its good because it gives you energy, and others say its bad for weight loss because it makes you bloated or something like that... idk... I tried switching it for green tea, but its just not the same =( Dont know that Im ready to give up my coffee!

I love coffee and drink it every morning with flavored fat free creamer and splenda. I haven't noticed any problems with it so far. I'm watching my sodium though ;)
  • mcpenni
    mcpenni Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Coffee is low calorie I think may 2 per 8oz, it is the cream and sugar that messes you up. I stopped putting cream in mine and it actually tastes better to me. The cream was 35 calories.
  • eviltwinkie
    eviltwinkie Posts: 153
    Options
    If you're not drowing it in sugar and cream, it's not a problem. Sounds like you drink it in moderation already...

I think I'd cry if I had to give up my morning espresso. Seriously. Cry a LOT.

Good coffee is such a little thing, but it puts me in my happy place.

Those are the things you shouldn't give up, eh?
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    cannot...repeat, cannot imagine not having coffee!
  • AreneeS22
    AreneeS22 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks! =)