feelings of frustration

Options
Ok I just need to vent for a moment. I have not done Jillian Michaels 30 day shred in 3 weeks. I decided to switch to T25 after doing 3.25 rounds of Jillian. Since switching I have lost 1.6 pounds and 0 inches. I have been eating around 1330 in calories everday. However i just uped it to 1400 thinking I wasnt eating enough for my burn. I have had like 3 cheat days where I am closer to 1900. I workout every night or go for a run. I only drink water coffee and a glass or two of wine or redds on a Friday or Saturday (usely on my cheat day). I'm so frustrated of busting my *kitten* and getting no where. I have another 13 to 20 pounds till I hit my goal. That still will put me over my hight to weight ratio by 8 pounds. So I have plenty to lose yet. How do I move on and keep going? I got the weight management down but I'm not to where I want to be yet.

Replies

• dembly
    dembly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have been doing really well so far and so pause for a moment to give yourself some credit.

As for the next step, reaching a plateau is always going to test your mental strength.

Are you able to challenge your body in a new way? Stength and resistance training might be a way to push your body out of the comfort zone it is in and exrend yoyr limits... good luck! !
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Try not to get discouraged - often people retain water when starting a new rigorous workout routine. It will go away soon.
  • myricariddick
    myricariddick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    someone told me once when you focus on the change in your body more than making the eating and working out a part of your regular lifestyle the results won't ever come fast enough. Try maybe doing the opposite? And not think about it. Maybe that will help.
  • sescamillaa
    sescamillaa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing T-25? Shaun T is amazing! That's the same program Missy Elliott used. Shaun T helped get her in shape. T-25 has helped me a lot. I lost a pant size in the 1st 5 weeks (Alpha round) I was however drinking my Shakeology everyday too.
  • kufahlaatc123
    kufahlaatc123 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have been doing T25 for 3 weeks. I don't use shakeologe. I just watch calories in. I'm hoping it will catch up with me soon. I saw fast results with 30 min shred. That's probably why I'm getting discouraged. I won't give up though. I love the way I'm feeling. The progress I've made is life changing. I feel guilty if I miss a workout or eat poorly. I've been going strong for 6 months. I'm just starting to feel frustrated knowing my progess has stalled. Thank you everyone for your support and advice.
  • Nefari
    Nefari Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello I've read Jillian Michaels book Slim for Life and she explains why her 30 day shred works and what other exercises help maximize your work out and lose weight efficiently. According to her bossy self there is no such thing as a plateau, just a hard look at what you are eating, buckling down on your calories, and mixing up your work out (She says it in a realistic, relatable way). She has such great advice and will re-motivate you into powering through. It's a must read (It's why I got back on this site) you can probably read it for free if you have the overdrive app and can connect to your local elibrary. Even if nothing I said was helpful, something in that book has the answer your looking for.
  • sescamillaa
    Options
    Yes, stick with the T-25. The progress seems very slow in the 1st few weeks. I remember feeling that way. I did weigh myself & did measurements too. I noticed the number of pounds on the scale wasn't dropping but my body fat % and inches were! And I am with you on feeling great! That workout high is what keeps me going back. As said before, ^ mixing up your workouts is key since your muscles need that confusion. You will break through this. Just don't stop, keep going, keep pressing forward!
  • megroto
    megroto Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, stick with the T-25. The progress seems very slow in the 1st few weeks. I remember feeling that way. I did weigh myself & did measurements too. I noticed the number of pounds on the scale wasn't dropping but my body fat % and inches were! And I am with you on feeling great! That workout high is what keeps me going back. As said before, ^ mixing up your workouts is key since your muscles need that confusion. You will break through this. Just don't stop, keep going, keep pressing forward!

Thank you for posting this! Its just what I needed to hear. I'm two weeks into T25 and love the way I feel. Lost two inches last week, but the pounds aren't moving. I'm down 10 pounds since Jan but the weight loss has been incredibly slow. Hoping that T25 will get the scale moving in the right direction.
  • kufahlaatc123
    kufahlaatc123 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support. This is exactly what I needed to hear. I am sticking with T25. Just had a crappy day. New day New attitude.
  • sescamillaa
    Options
    megroto wrote: »

Thank you for posting this! Its just what I needed to hear. I'm two weeks into T25 and love the way I feel. Lost two inches last week, but the pounds aren't moving. I'm down 10 pounds since Jan but the weight loss has been incredibly slow. Hoping that T25 will get the scale moving in the right direction.

No problem! I wish you all the best of luck in your fitness journeys.