Slow but Sure: Motivation for turtle losers like me

Options
Since last five months I have been on MFP. I have lost 10 pounds so far with all things happening in the life..parties,celebration and setback like illness,unexpected events. Not much sacrifices, some exercise and full efforts to stay under the red line. Scale is like a hard to please girlfriend. So the pics I was taking every week kept my morale up also the amazing MFP friends. They are inspiring,encouraging,understanding and helpful so much so that giving up never crossed my mind. It's only one fourth part of my journey and I have miles to go still. So don't lose hope and keep going,make lots of active,encouraging friends,cheer for others and your success as well no matter how small that seems. For some of us it's a long journey so we need to have good company. Keep getting up no matter how many times life makes you fall. Below first two pictures are of January 2015 and third and fourth are of June 2015.hzv9sbgot6xq.jpg
4tjsjg7t5ngx.jpg
crz2bq0yzy98.jpg
222hgx0z42sj.jpg

Replies

• rajnigandha21
    rajnigandha21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Somehow pics rotated after posting! Sorry for the neck pain!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Since last five months I have been on MFP. I have lost 10 pounds so far with all things happening in the life..parties,celebration and setback like illness,unexpected events. Not much sacrifices, some exercise and full efforts to stay under the red line. Scale is like a hard to please girlfriend. So the pics I was taking every week kept my morale up also the amazing MFP friends. They are inspiring,encouraging,understanding and helpful so much so that giving up never crossed my mind. It's only one fourth part of my journey and I have miles to go still. So don't lose hope and keep going,make lots of active,encouraging friends,cheer for others and your success as well no matter how small that seems. For some of us it's a long journey so we need to have good company. Keep getting up no matter how many times life makes you fall. Below first two pictures are of January 2015 and third and fourth are of June 2015.

You look great!!! Good idea to make photos of your journey. I laughed about the hard to please girlfriend.
    Good on you for making full efforts to stay under the redline. :mrgreen:
  • rajnigandha21
    Options
    Thanks RoadaRose! :) Truly scale is my best frenemy!! :#
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great work, keep it up! Im a turtle loser too but its in the right direction so alls good, hehe x
  • rajnigandha21
    Options
    Right on Magic Chicken! Heading to right direction is most important thing here. Now logging up all things has become a routine so discipline is set now. However now I an looking up the ways to boost up my speed. Wish you good luck in this journey as well!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I can definitely see the difference. There's no reason to rush. You're doing it the right way, learning to fit eating better and losing weight into your life so you can continue and maintain once you hit your goal.
  • rajnigandha21
    Options
    Thanks for encouragement! Glad to be confirmed that it's not just my imagination and I am really shaping up!! :) Of course I don't want to rush and no quick fixes for me either.A lifestyle I could follow always has been my goal. Just learnt upping my protein intake is really beneficial. As I don't like processed protein's taste guess I need to eat more natural protein rich food.
  • MeganKyGirl82
    MeganKyGirl82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference! Great work! :)
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Noticeable progress! Slow and steady wins the race!
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! I think you might find maintenance easier and be more successful in the long run by losing it slowly. Keep up the good work!
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. You say no sacrifices, but personally I see no reason why there *should* be sacrifices. There's no reason to punish ourselves as we lose weight. Besides, what you are doing is learning how to balance all those factors in your life and still be healthy. This will help you the most in the long run, and in the short term you are still losing weight. It's a win-win! Keep it up!
  • rajnigandha21
    Options
    Thank you all! MFP has a really good and helpful bunch of people!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Great start. You actually look like you lost more than 10. It took me 2 years to lose 40 and then I maintained for a while and am looking to keep going. I have about 40 more to go. Just remember you are worth it.
  • rajnigandha21
    Options
    Thank you Lizzy!
  • rajnigandha21
    Options
    Wow!! Why my post was cut half?!!
  • Tmdesir
    Tmdesir Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm a turtle loser too! BUT my doctor says 1/2 to 1 pound per week is ideal as it not only allows you to develop those habits you need to maintain a weight loss for a lifetime, but it is healthier as it doesn't flood the liver with extra fat. I have fatty liver disease and losing weight too fast will make that worse instead of better, while a slow weight loss will eventually help. I say YAY for all us turtles out there!!! :smiley:
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I'm such a turtle loser, too. I did really well in shedding my first 80 lbs and then - moved in with my SO. I went 10 lbs up (only, thankfully, as everyone told me I'd gain more), but then stayed there for just over a year. Now I'm back down to my original loss -5 more lbs. Over all, this whole process has taken me roughly three years.

The thing is, I'm okay with this because I'm back on a downward trend and am still incredibly far away from where I started. We can only keep swimming, right? Even if it takes us forever, we'll get there.
  • DezMum
    DezMum Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great jog!!!

and you are NOT a loser!!!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    took me 1 years to lose 20 pounds but I completly transformed my body. a bit frustrating I must admit but I didn't gained it back and I am 5 years in maintenant